dry aloo palak recipe
A quick healthy spinach potato dry curry that goes well with rice, pulav or chapathi. This recipe requires no blending of spinach, no garam masala needed. As simple as any vegetable stir fry.
To make this aloo palak , you can use boiled potatoes or roast the potatoes till fully cooked and then add spinach.
- 2 large potatoes (cubed)
- 1 ½ cups of spinach
- 2 green chilies
- ⅛ th tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp ginger garlic paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Pinch of each turmeric and hing
- 2 tbsps. oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin, and curry leaves and green chilies. Let them crackle
- Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a min
- Add cubed potatoes, hing, salt and turmeric, fry for a min.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes are cooked fully, if required can sprinkle some water. You could even roast the potatoes after they are half cooked.
- Add chopped spinach and fry on high till all the moisture evaporates. This takes around 3 mins.
- Add sesame seeds fry for a min
- Sprinkle pepper powder and toss
Serve with rice or chapathi
For more easy aloo recipes, check
brinjal potato recipe
simple potato curry