Atta ladoo recipe – A quick laddu made with whole wheat flour, a new addition to this collection of 100 diwali recipes. Hopefully i will be able to share more quick recipes for diwali in the next few days. Making these atta ladoo doesn’t take much time. They can be made when one is running short of time and have to make something sweet. I made these sometime back when i had some guests home during a festival and was not having much time to go for a elaborate recipe.
To make these atta ladoo, I have used very little desiccated coconut to add some flavor and taste. It can be skipped. Other ingredients like dry fruits, sesame seeds,skinned peanuts can also be used to add more nutrition and taste. I have used ghee in moderation as my guest is on a low fat diet, you can use a bit more if you like.
These atta ladoos look pale white in color due to the addition of desiccated coconut otherwise they will turn out to be light golden.
You may like this collection of ladoo recipes.
How to make atta ladoo recipe – step by step photos
1. Heat ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp solid ghee. Melt it. Fry cashews until lightly roasted.
2. Add raisins and fry. I chopped my raisins as they were very large sized. Set aside the nuts as well ghee. Just retain a tbsp in the pan.
3. Add the flour and fry until lightly golden.
4. Add desiccated coconut if using. This is optional.
5. Mix everything and fry for another 2 to 4 minutes on a very low flame. Constantly you need to keep stirring to prevent burning. You will begin to smell the flour good. Switch off. Set aside to cool.
6. Add sugar and cardamoms or powder to a blender jar. Powder finely. I used organic sugar. If you like to use sesame seeds, dry roast them and cool. Powder them first in the blender, set aside then powder sugar.
7. Add the sugar to the cooled flour. Mix well.
8. Pour the hot ghee along with nuts to the pan. If you live in a cold climate, then add warm ghee little by little and make balls. Otherwise ghee turns solid and will have to add more. Mix, take small portions of this mixture and make balls. If needed add more ghee.
Store them in a airtight container.
Delicious Atta ladoo or wheat laddu recipe below
- 2 cups atta / whole wheat flour
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar (i used ¾)
- ¼ cup solid ghee (+ 2 tbsp) or as needed
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder or 3 elaichi
- raisins as needed
- cashews as needed
- Melt ghee in a pan and fry cashews , then add raisins. Saute for a while and set aside nuts and ghee.
- In 1 tbsp ghee , roast the flour until golden.
- Add coconut if using, this is optional. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture smells good.
- Set aside to cool.
- Powder sugar along with cardamom powder.
- Add it to the cooled flour and stir.
- Pour ghee little by little and add nuts. Mix and take small portions of this mixture and roll to balls. Add more ghee if needed.
- Store atta ladoo in an airtight jar.