Note: This remedy is not suitable to those having high body temperature like fever or aggravated pitta conditions like burning eyes or dryness.Remember to drink lot of fluids like warm soups, porridge or plain water, helps in flushing out toxins from body.
The remedies mentioned in tables 1 and 2 both must be taken as a course for cold, sore throat, phlegm or sinus. Turmeric can sometimes lead to belching and heart burn so taking it with the combination mentioned in Table 2, will prevent the discomforts that could be caused by turmeric.
In case of stomach flu only the remedy mentioned in table 2 (carom seeds pow) has to be consumed.
These remedies must be started at the first onset of the cold, congestion or sore throat or stomach flu (typically a tummy ache) symptoms. If symptoms worsen or persist after 3 days, pls see a doctor.The other benefits of this combination are
* Turmeric reduces the nasal/sinus inflammation, sooths congestion and carom seeds are great to expel mucus from sinuses, lungs and stomach. Worked wonders for my son in healing his chronic sinus.
* Turmeric can reduce the inflammation in the joints, relieve the joint pains.
* Carom seeds expel toxins from the body if consumed regularly for more than a month.
*Carom seeds are effective in relieving chronic constipation, increases digestion and appetite.
*Carom seeds are very effective in relieving Vata headaches. (my personal experience)
Table 1. Turmeric to be taken after food
Table 2. Carom seeds pow & jaggery /Palm sugar mix in equal quantities to be taken 1 hr before food.
How to make the carom pow Mix
1. Clean and dry roast 50 gms carom seeds on a very low flame. Set aside to cool
2. Grate 50 gms old jaggery or palm sugar.
3. Powder carom seeds to fine powder. Sieve if needed.
4. Pulse the carom pow and jaggery for a minute.
5. Store it in a clean dry air tight jar. Stays fresh for about a month.
* Always buy pure turmeric if possible organic,many commercial ones have starch, dyes, preservatives included in them
* old jaggery will have lesser scum of chemicals in it, which are used during processing. Long storage of jaggery evaporates some of these chemicals and will not have a bad impact on us.