Baked chicken fingers recipe. I made these baked chicken fingers on the last weekend for a brunch to go along with Veg Hakka Noodles and a clear tomato soup. This chicken strips recipe does not need any standing time after marinating and all we need to do to make this chicken starter is just marinate and put it in the oven. It turns out to be crusty and must be enjoyed straight from the oven.
I do not use any flour to prepare this and for a healthier choice you could use brown bread crumbs, though i had to go ahead using the white bread crumbs.
I have used my usual favorite herb MINT, you can use your favorite herbs. But baking chicken with fresh mint leaves makes the chicken aromatic. I use onions, ginger garlic paste, spice powders and mint. All these fresh ingredients can be replaced with dry ones. Onion, ginger, garlic are available in the form of powders, they can be used if you do not have fresh ingredients. However I have no idea of using dried mint.
Baked chicken fingers recipe
- 500 grams of chicken strips
- 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste or ginger and garlic powders
- 1 ½ tbsp. chopped mint leaves
- 1 medium onion chopped or paste or crushed
- ½ to ¾ tsp. red chili powder or paprika
- ½ to ¾ tsp. garam masala (this includes pepper powder) (spice powders)
- Salt as needed
- 1 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. oil (prevents the chicken from becoming dry)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup bread crumbs or corn flakes
- If you prefer to use corn flakes pulse and set side
- Wash chicken strips under running water. Drain the water completely
- Marinate with mint, ginger garlic, salt, onion, red chili powder, spice powders, lemon juice.
- Add oil mix well. Add the egg and mix.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Move it to a baking pan
- Preheat the oven at the highest temp
- Bake for 15 min or till crusty.