baked fish recipe made in Indian style – to grill fish always choose large fish or fillet that is firm and fresh. This recipe can very much be used to grill any variety of fishes either in the oven or in the barbecue kits.
This Indian style baked fish can be served as it is or as a side to any rice based dish or noodles. Take care not to char the fish while grilling, charred meat is not healthy.Do adjust the spice and red chili powder to suit your taste buds.
more grilled fish recipes on the blog,
baked fish in chinese style
to make grilled fish or baked fish , I have used salmon, one of the healthiest fishes that are high in nutrition and provides us the best health benefits. Any fish including salmon tastes the best when marinated with spices and baked or grilled rather than pan fried fish. If using salmon this recipe needs no oil, since salmon is oily by itself and i suggest marinating for overnight.
steps by step pictures on baked fish recipe
1. Wash fish thoroughly under running water. wipe off excess moisture with kitchen tissues. Make incisions or slits on the fish. make a coarse paste of the all the ingredients and marinate. Set aside for about an hour or overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven at 160 C for about 15 minutes and then remove the excess marination from the skin and set aside on the tray. Bake the fish. More details in the recipe instructions below.
Serve grilled fish as a appetizer or with a meal.
check more Indian salmon recipes,
amritsari tawa fish
fish tikka masala
find complete baked fish indian style recipe below
- 300 grams fish fillet (any variety)
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder or paprika
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala (any spice powder as desired)
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice (can substitute vinegar, adjust as per your need)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of semolina or ¾ tbsp. corn flour (optional, gives a light crust to your fish)
- 1 tsp oil to grease your baking tray or foil.
- Wash the fillet under running water and pat dry with kitchen tissues. Make slits on the fillet and set aside.
- Make a paste of all the ingredients except semolina and marinate the fillet on both sides well to cover the slits too. Set this aside for at least for 1 hr, overnight works best.
- Preheat the oven at 160 C. remove the masala on the skin and place that aside on the tray.
- Sprinkle the semolina evenly on the fillet .bake for 30 mins to 40 minutes. After 20 mins, run a wooden spoon in the slits and slightly widen the slits for even and thorough grilling.
- Serve hot as an appetizer with onion wedges and a vegetable salad.