Bread omelet sandwich recipe – Quick and easy breakfast sandwich recipe made with bread and eggs. Bread omelet sandwich is one of the street foods of India and is made with tons of variations. Some places even customize the bread omelet to suit the customer’s tastes as per the order.
To make bread omelet, I have not used any green chutney / sandwich chutney or tomato ketchup. But I have used mozarella cheese slice and can be replaced with grated cheese. You can also skip the cheese and even just use tomato ketchup or sandwich chutney as desired.
If you follow the food combining rules or avoid incompatible food combinations, then you can skip cheese and just use tomato ketchup or green chutney. As eggs and cheese do not go well for many. If using cheese then skip tomatoes as cheese and tomatoes may not go well for some.
Using green chutney in this bread omelet sandwich will perk up the nutrition and also helps in digestion. As with all egg or cheese recipes, this sandwich too has to be consumed within 2 hours of preparing it if not refrigerated. So it is not safe to pack this in the tiffin or lunch box.
Bread omelet sandwich recipe
- 2 slices of brown bread
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
- 1.5 tsps oil
- Salt as needed
- Pinch of turmeric
- Pepper crushed as desired (optional)
- 2 pinches of sandwich masala or chaat masala (optional)
- 2 to 3 tbsps of chopped onions, capsicum
- 1 green chili chopped
- few coriander leaves or cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- Cheese slice or grated cheese as desired
- Tomato ketchup or sandwich chutney or any other chutney
- Chop onion, chilies, coriander leaves and capsicum.
- Rinse a bowl and break the egg to it. Discard the shell.
- Beat the egg until frothy.
- Add the chopped onions, chilies, coriander and capsicum. Add salt and turmeric.
- Beat the mixture once more.
- If you like you can butter the bread and then with chutney or ketchup.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. Pour the beaten eggs and allow to cook until the base firms up.
- While it cooks, you can also shape it to a square with the help of spatula.
- Flip it and fry until the egg is completely cooked.
- Flip it back and place your cheese slice on the omelette. Lift up the omelette with a spatula.
- Place a bread slice on the tawa and place the omelette along with cheese.
- Place another slice of bread and toast until the cheese melts. Cheese will melt very quickly under 2 minutes since the omelette is very hot.
- Halve the bread omelet sandwich and serve hot or warm with a cup of tea.
Bread omelet sandwich recipe below