Bread pizza recipe with video – A quick snack recipe made with whole grain bread, tomato pizza sauce, cheese and veggies. This makes a great snack for kids’ parties and most of them would love this. To make it taste very close to the regular real pizza, use a good pizza sauce and choose the toppings that are generally used to make a pizza. However nothing can replace the taste of a yeast dough pizza base, but this may be a simple alternate when one craves for something like a pizza.
Bread pizza can be made in a oven or on stove top. There is not much difference between the 2 methods. Mozzarella cheese, four cheese, feta cheese or pizza cheese can be used for the topping. In this post I have used mozzarella and feta cheese made from vegetarian rennet. Since I did not have enough mozzarella cheese I used feta cheese made from cow’s milk.
I have also used sliced olives, if you do not have it just skip. In this post I have used homemade pizza sauce (link in recipe card), If you do not have it then you may replace with any tomato sauce.
You can also make a bread pizza sandwich with the same recipe. Just skip toasting the bread, smear the pizza sauce and then top with your favorite ingredients and put in a sandwich maker.
You can also check these Bread snacks recipes
Video of bread pizza recipe
Bread pizza recipe card
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce or tomato sauce as needed
- ½ to ¾ cup grated cheese (mozzarella or pizza cheese)
- ½ tsp Italian herbs or oregano
- ¼ to ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 medium onion cubed and layers separated
- ½ cup capsicum cubed
- Firm tomato deseeded and cubed (optional)
- Olives as desired (optional)
- If you prefer halve the bread slices diagonally. You can also use them as it is.
- Toast the bread lightly on one side.
- Switch off the heat. flip them.
- Smear the sauce thinly as desired.
- Layer onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Layer cheese and then the herbs and chili flakes.
- Begin to toast on a low to medium heat. Cover the pan if making on stove. Toast until the cheese melts.
- After topping the bread put the pan in preheated oven and bake for just 5 to 8 mins at 220 C or until the veggies get grilled partially and the cheese melts and turns golden.
How to make bread pizza on tawa
1. I have cut each bread slice to 2 triangles. This way i could make many at one time. You can also use the entire slice as it is.
2. Toast on one side and flip them. This helps the bread pizza from turning soggy.
3. Smear sauce as desired.
4. Layer onions, bell peppers and olives.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese and then herbs.
6. Cover with a lid and toast on a low heat until the cheese melts.
Serve bread pizza hot or warm.