Bread pizza recipe with video – A quick snack recipe made with whole grain bread, tomato pizza sauce, cheese and veggies. This makes a great snack for kids’ parties and most of them would love this. To make it taste very close to the regular real pizza, use a good pizza sauce and choose the toppings that are generally used to make a pizza. However nothing can replace the taste of a yeast dough pizza base, but this may be a simple alternate when one craves for something like a pizza.
Bread pizza can be made in a oven or on stove top. There is not much difference between the 2 methods. Mozzarella cheese, four cheese, feta cheese or pizza cheese can be used for the topping. In this post I have used mozzarella and feta cheese made from vegetarian rennet. Since I did not have enough mozzarella cheese I used feta cheese made from cow’s milk.
I have also used sliced olives, if you do not have it just skip. In this post I have used homemade pizza sauce (link in recipe card), If you do not have it then you may replace with any tomato sauce.
You can also make a bread pizza sandwich with the same recipe. Just skip toasting the bread, smear the pizza sauce and then top with your favorite ingredients and put in a sandwich maker.
You can also check these Bread snacks recipes
Video of bread pizza recipe
Bread pizza recipe card
- 4 slices of bread
- olive oil as needed
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce or tomato sauce as needed
- ½ to ¾ cup grated cheese
- ½ tsp Italian herbs or oregano
- ¼ to ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 medium onion cubed and layers separated
- ½ cup capsicum cubed
- Firm tomato deseeded and cubed (optional)
- Olives as desired
- If you prefer halve the bread slices diagonally. You can also use them as it is.
- Smear olive oil and toast the bread lightly on one side.
- Switch off the heat. flip them.
- Smear the sauce thinly as desired.
- Layer onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Layer cheese and then the herbs and chili flakes.
- Begin to toast on a low to medium heat. Cover the pan if making on stove. Toast until the cheese melts.
- After topping the bread put the pan in preheated oven and bake for just 5 to 8 mins at 220 C or until the veggies get grilled partially and the cheese melts and turns golden.