Carrot juice recipe for kids & toddlers – Carrot juice can be made in a mixer, blender or juicer very easily at home. Carrot is one of the most versatile root vegetables which is used in so many ways in our day to day diet. No doubt juicing carrots is the best way to provide vital nutrients to our body. Consuming carrot juice or eating raw carrots regularly or often helps in improving the health of the eyes, reduces stress and builds immunity.
We make carrot juice sometimes when the kids ask for it or when I end up having too many carrots in the fridge. The taste of the carrot juice depends on the variety & age of carrots used. Young and tender carrots are best for juicing since the aroma is mild and taste delicious.
Fresh carrot juice is alkaline and can help folks with digestive or acidity problems. Carrots can be juiced alone or with some citrus fruit like orange, grapefruit, tangerines or lemons. Not all fruits go well with carrot, so we mostly make them with sweet oranges, pears or lemon.
Carrot juice recipe card below
- 500 grams of carrots
- Half to 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- lemon juice as needed (or 2 to 3 oranges, pears or 5 to 6 tangerines)
- 1 cup water if making in blender
- Wash carrots under running water. Use a vegetable scrub or brush to clean them. Rinse well.
- Soak them in a large pot filled with clean water for 30 mins.
- If desired peel off the skin.
- Wash and peel oranges. halve them
- If making in mixer or blender, cube them to 1 inch pieces. Add them to blender jar along with other ingredients.
- If making in juicer, then cut to desired sizes to suit your juicer chute.
- Run the machine.
- If making in mixer or blender, then pass through a strainer/ filter and collect the juice at the bottom.
- Serve carrot orange juice fresh and immediately.