chicken 65 recipe, how to make chicken 65 recipe
There are so many variations to making chicken 65, all totally different from one another with different styles Andhra style or hyderabadi style, Madurai style, restaurant style etc. I have tried quite a lot and ended up concluding this as one of the best chicken 65 recipe, which is worth serving as a starter for any parties.
chicken 65 recipe has roughly been adapted from vahchef’s recipe, I have tried it countless number of times since 5 years (much before I became a food blogger). It has never turned me down even when I make this for a crowd. The changes, I made to the original recipe is I use a freshly ground homemade garlic chili paste instead of the store bought one which he suggests, which took a while for to try out and come up with the best chilli garlic paste or sauce.
I eliminate the egg as it makes the pieces soggy and smelly after the chicken cool down and I feel is only worth to go to the bin. This recipe needs no yogurt and can be made even without egg if you desire. The result will still be juicy and soft chicken. If you make the chicken 65 without egg and yogurt, it can be kept for few hrs while there will be no change in the taste and smell. It can be refrigerated for later use and heated too.
how to make chicken 65 recipe with step by step pictures
1. Remove the seeds from chilies and add them along with vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic to a blender and make a fine paste adding 15 ml water.
2. Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, lemon juice, pepper powder, turmeric and very little salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle corn flour, and egg or egg white whatever you are using and mix well until combined with chicken. I don’t use egg.If needed just sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp. water to bind the flour.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan until hot, fry chicken on a medium heat and stir occasionally for even frying. Drain these on an absorbant tissues. Fry the entire chicken in batches.
5. Add oil to a pan and heat it for seasoning, fry cumin, curry leaves, chilies and garlic. You could set aside few curry leaves and garlic for garnish.
6. Add the chili garlic paste, allow it to bubble.
7. Add chicken, stir well and fry on medium flame till the raw smell goes off. Keep stirring to prevent burning until the spice paste clings on to the chicken and looks almost dry.
8. Chicken 65 is ready, serve with onion wedges.
chicken 65 recipe below
- 250 to 300 grams of boneless tender chicken
- 1 egg or egg white (optional, refer notes)
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Corn flour
- oil for deep frying
- 3 to 5 red chilies (remove the seeds)
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ to 2 tsp vinegar (optional, but recommended)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (don’t use more)
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp chopped garlic (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin powder (optional)
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 2 green chilies
- Few sprigs Curry leaves
- Wash chicken under running water and drain off completely. Marinate it with marination ingredients and set aside for at least 15 mins.
- Blend all the ingredients under chili garlic paste with 15 ml water to a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle the dry corn flour over the marinated chicken. If you chose to use egg, you can use. mix well.If needed sprinkle little water for a good binding.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until hot enough to fry the chicken, fry chicken till they are cooked fully. Stir while frying for even frying. Drain them on a kitchen tissue.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. oil, add curry leaves, green chilies and cumin, fry till the leaves turn crisp and set aside for garnish.
- Add the chilli garlic paste and let it begin to bubble.
- When the sauces begin to bubble, add the fried chicken and toss and fry on medium heat till the chicken absorbs all the sauce and the raw smell of garlic disappears. Over frying can make the chicken hard, so switch off in time.serve with onion wedges
you can use any ready made chilli garlic paste, but this recipe is recommended with the paste mentioned in the recipe.
For more Indian chicken starters, check
green chilli chicken