chicken ghee roast recipe – learn to make the best delicious chicken ghee roast.
This chicken ghee roast recipe yields chunks that are soft, juicy, flavorful, delicious, spicy and hot. It pairs well with plain rice and tomato rasam or any vegetable side dish.
Chicken is cooked till tender with all the masala and then ghee roasted with curry leaves and pepper powder. Curry leaves and pepper lend a great flavour to the chicken.
This chicken ghee roast can be a good stand by to those who prepare in large quantity and refrigerate. Chicken can be cooked first with marination ingredients and then refrigerated. Whenever needed the next few days, it can be roasted in just 5 minutes.
To make chicken ghee roast, left over good chicken curry can also be used. That’s how i end up making this most times.Just follow the step by step photos from step 2. Any curry that has been prepared with yogurt or tomatoes or lemon juice goes well to make this yummy chicken ghee roast.
for more chicken recipes, check
how to make chicken ghee roast with step by step pictures
1. You can skip this step if you are using any left over curry to make the ghee roast. or Marinate chicken with crushed onions, ginger garlic paste,salt, turmeric, red chili powder, lemon juice, garam masala, pudina or coriander leaves and ghee. Cook on a low flame till the meat is tender and soft.If there is surplus moisture left after cooking chicken, evaporate it by cooking on a medium high flame.
2. Add ghee to a pan, Fry curry leaves and garlic. set aside few curry leaves for garnish.
3. Add cooked chicken and fry till the masala dries up.
4. Sprinkle pepper powder and salt if needed to adjust.
5. Fry for about one to two minutes till you get a nice aroma of pepper, ghee and curry leaves. Garnish chicken ghee roast with curry leaves that were set aside.
find chicken ghee roast recipe below
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 3 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ tbsp. coarsely crushed pepper (adjust)
- ½ kg tender chicken bone-in or boneless
- 1 ½ tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander or mint leaves/ pudina
- ¼ tsp. turmeric or as needed
- 1 ½ Garam masala powder
- 1 ½ tsp. red chili powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 3 large onions (coarsely crushed or pulsed in mixer)
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Salt as needed
- Wash chicken and drain off the water completely.
- To a cooking pot, add it along with the ingredients mentioned under to marinate.
- Mix everything well and cook on a low flame till the chickn is tender and cooked completely.
- If you find moisture in the pot, Cook on a slightly high flame and evaporate it.
- Set this aside for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat a pan with ghee, Add chopped curry leaves and garlic. Fry until the curry leaves turn crisp. You can set aside few leaves for garnish.
- To the pan, add and begin to roast.
- When the masala gets roasted well, sprinkle pepper powder and salt if needed.
- Fry till you get a nice an aroma of pepper chicken ghee roast. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with curry leaves.