Indian chicken Recipes from this blog mostly popular Indian, Indo chinese and even from world cuisines. Includes appetizers, snacks, soups, starters, gravy curry recipes, dry curries, biryani, fried rice, pulao, sandwiches and many easy rice recipes. Most of these are easy dishes that are explained with step by step pictures. So even beginners can try them.
You may also like to check
Top 10 chicken recipes
Top 10 chicken biryani recipes
Top 10 chicken curry recipes
World, Indo chinese & Indian chicken recipes
You can find fast food & restaurant style dishes. Mostly suited for all occasions like weekend meals, parties and celebrations.
1. Chilli chicken – A mildly hot, sweet and sour starter from Indo Chinese cuisine. It can also be served as a side with fried rice and noodles.
2. Crispy chilli chicken recipe – Popular restaurant style crisp fried chicken in hot , sweet and sour sauce
3. Chicken lollipop – A party appetizer that can be deep fried or grilled. The recipe includes complete picture instructions on frenching drumsticks.
4. Chicken manchurian recipe – Meat balls in Indo Chinese manchurian sauce. The crunchy meat balls are dunked in sweet, sour and hot sauce.
5. Popcorn chicken – One of the best crunchy popcorn you can make at home. Best for get together and parties.
6. Fried chicken – Crusty deep fried appetizer made in KFC Style. One of the best you can make at home. You can make your own variation by adding your favorite herbs and spice powders for a personalized flavor.
7. Chicken nuggets recipe – This recipe makes nuggets that taste better than KFC or any fast food chain. Easy to make and can also make these for a crowd as the recipe is simple. No blending, no grinding and no precooking needed.
8. Schezwan chicken – a hot, spicy, sichuan pepper flavored appetizer. Can also be served with fried rice and noodles.
9. Lemon Chicken – Lemon flavored tender bites. It can be served as a starter or as a side with fried rice, noodles or plain rice.
10. Zinger Burger – KFC style burger with crunchy burger patty. Recipe includes how to make patty and assembling the burger.
11. Chicken pasta recipe – Quick dinner fix on a busy day. Very simple recipe, includes making sauce, so you don’t need any store bought pasta sauce. Tastes delicious and can be enjoyed without a side.
Appetizers, starters or snack Indian chicken recipes
Most of these Indian chicken recipes are either restaurant style or street style Indian chicken recipes. There are also few which are home style and can be made quickly.
1. Chicken 65 – Restaurant style deep fried appetizer from South Indian cuisine. There are many ways of making a 65, this recipe is one of our favorites. Simple to make, a beginners recipe. It is a crowd pleaser and great for parties.
2. Chicken pakora or pakoda – Shared 2 recipes on the post. First one is Andhra style flavorful crunchy pakora. Flavored with curry leaves and pudina. Perfect for a evening snack on a rainy day. Second one is north Indian style or street style pakora made with egg.
3. Chicken tikka dry – One of the world popular tandoori tikka varieties. This recipe can be used to grill tikka on charcoal or in oven. Chunks of meat are marinated in spiced yogurt mixture to tenderize and make them flavorful. It is served as a appetizer or starter or snack.
4. Tandoori chicken – A restaurant styled grilled drumsticks that are juicy and tender. Can be charcoal grilled or oven grilled.
5. Chicken kabab recipe : Kababs are grilled chunks of meat. A comprehensive guide to make the best kebabs that are full of flavor and turn out tender.
6. Chicken cutlet recipe – Murgh Cutlet or patties – A very good appetizer for parties or get together. It also goes good as a burger patty. It can be served with masala chai or ketchup or green chutney.
7. Garlic chicken recipe – a pan roasted appetizer with bursting flavors of garlic, best for monsoon. It can be prepared in 20 minutes if you have tender chicken.
8. Majestic recipe – A unique Andhra style dry fusion starter well known from South Indian city Hyderabad. It is usually served in restaurants.
9. Chicken 65 street style – A Variation of the restaurant style recipe made without egg.
10. Baked tenders made using fillets or breasts – One of the easiest baked recipe that is low fat. Makes a good after school snack for kids. It can also be used to make wraps, sandwiches or burgers.
11. Indian chicken soup – A simple no frills recipe that can be made in a jiffy.
12. Shawarma recipe – Middle Eastern grilled meat made at home on tawa. If you love middles eastern food, You will love this. Served as a appetizer or stuffed in pitta bread with salad green and pickled veggies.
13. Andhra Green chilli chickn – Often served in Andhra restaurants as a starter. Folks love to enjoy this along with a Andhra meal.
14. Tandoori murgh sandwich : Grilled sandwich made on tawa. It can also be made in a griller or oven.
15. Mayo chicken sandwich: in just 15 minutes. Unbelievably delicious and quick to make any time for breakfast, brunch or snack.
Curries South & North Indian chicken recipes
Curry is one of the favorite foods of Indians. These variety of curries or gravies can be accompanied with rice, phulka, chapathi, puttu, appam, naan, kulcha or with flavored rice varieties like jeera rice, ghee rice or pulao. A simple raita or onion, cucumber and lemon wedges compliment the meal.
1. Butter chicken – Punjabi Murgh Makhani, one of the world famous Indian dish. This makes a great addition to the menu for parties or get together. Served with naan, roti or basmati rice. Learn how to make it on a pan without oven.
2. Simple chicken curry – Curry made without coconut, no grinding masala , absolutely easy. A beginner’s recipe with complete step by step to make a awesome curry.
3. Kerala chicken curry – Traditional nadan curry from kerala, curry made using coconut oil.
4. Andhra chicken curry – Andhra style curry known as Kodi Kura in telugu. This may not be a traditional recipe but it turns out good and is one of the top recipes on the blog for a long time.
5. Pepper chicken – South Indian style hot spicy flavorful curry made with very few ingredients. A great dish to try during the monsoon or winters. It can be made to a dry or gravy dish.
6. Chettinad chicken curry – Another popular South Indian recipe from chettinad cuisine. This curry is made with freshly ground masala that brings out the flavors of spices.
7. Chicken kurma recipe – South Indian Style kurma made with ground coconut masala. It is different from the mughalai korma.
8. Chicken tikka masala – Another popular North Indian dish made with grilled chicken. This recipe also includes instructions on how to make this on tawa if you do not have a oven.
9. Kadai chicken masala – Chunks of meat cooked in a kadai along with freshly ground kadai masala. This is a popular north Indian version. Also known as karahi or kadai murgh is delicious, simple and easy to make.
10. Haryali murgh – Curry or gravy made using lot of greens and spices making it a nutritious and easy to digest dish.
11. Gongura chicken – A popular andhra style curry using sorrel leaves called as gongura in telugu. It is served with rice or chapathi. It is quite popular in Andhra restaurants serving non-veg foods.
12. Butter chicken masala – North Indian restaurant style dish. Smooth creamy and delicious gravy with tender chunks of meat.
13. Malai murgh masala – Delicious, smooth gravy made with basic ingredients and cream
Dry Curry Recipes
These Indian chicken recipes go good as a side with plain rice and rasam.
1. Chicken fry recipe – One of the most popular non-veg recipe on the blog. It is a restaurant style served only in Andhra restaurants in Singapore.
2. Spicy chicken fry – spicy hot fry made using freshly ground masala. Goes very well with plain rice.
3. Chicken ghee roast – This is made with lot of curry leaves and pepper. A very aromatic and delicious dish, it can also be made with leftover curry.
4. Chicken keema recipe – Goes good as a side to roti or rice. It can also be served with pav or in sandwiches. Keema also can be used to make keema samsosa as well.
5. Gongura kodi fry – Dry kodi vepudu made with red sorrel or gongura leaves.
6. Simple chicken roast – Low fat, healthy and cooked on a very low heat to make it taste good.
7. Hyderabadi chicken roast – Though not popular, this recipe is must try if you like the flavors of hyderabadi food. It yields soft and tender flavorful chunks which caramelized masala.
Chicken biryani recipes
If you are a biryani lover, Don’t miss to try out these delicious awesome tasting recipes made in home style and restaurant style. A biryani is served with a raita varities like Onion raita, cucumber raita and mint raita.
1. Hyderabadi chicken biryani recipe – To make this delicious aromatic rice in a hyderabadi dum style, raw meat is marinated and directly dum cooked to trap the steam.
2. Muslim biryani – South Indian muslim wedding style biryani made with freshly ground spices, mint, coriander and meat. This recipe can also be used to make mutton or egg biryani.
3. Chicken biryani in pressure cooker – A beginners biryani recipe, made in pressure cooker with fresh ground masala and meat. A must try for a quick meal.
4. Hyderabadi biryani in restaurant style – An outstanding restaurant like biryani, very aromatic, simple to cook and delicious. Check the recipe to find what makes it so flavorful.
5. Pakki chicken dum biryani – A variation to the kachi biryani is cooking meat first with spices, herbs and yogurt and then layering partially cooked rice. Then it is dum cooked to infuse the aroma of spices to the meat and rice.
6. Awadhi biryani or lucknowi biryani. – Made with yakhni i.e the broth. Dum cooked and very fragrant rice.
7. Chicken fry biryani – Popular in Singapore Andhra restaurants. This dish is completely different from the way a dum cooked biryani is made. One of the best tasting biryani in restaurant style.
8. Andhra biryani – Easy peasy rice biryani for beginners. Make it in a pot or cooker I am sure it turns out great.
Pulao and fried rice – Quick, simple and mildly flavored rice recipes for those busy days.
1. Simple pulao – Quick simple rice pilaf made in pressure cooker or pot with pulao spices and rice. A beginners recipe and does not take much time. It can be accompanied with a raita or papad.
2. Fried rice – This is made in Indo Chinese restaurant style. It can be enjoyed without any side dish.
3. Tikka fried rice – Chinese style fried rice made using oven grilled tikka or chunks of meat. Doesn’t need any accompaniment.
4. Schezwan Fried Rice – Fried rice made with sichuan peppers and basic ingredients in a Indo chinese style.