chicken tikka is a popular chicken appetizer across the globe. Chunks of tender chicken are marinated in yogurt spice mix and then grilled. Iam sharing how to make chicken tikka. Enjoy it as a appetizer or make fried rice using these tikkas.
You can even use left over grilled chicken tikka to make this fried rice.
chicken tikka fried rice can be prepared with either oven made tikka or tawa fried tikkas and can even use any leftover curried chicken pieces. I have tried all the versions several times and all came out well.
find complete recipe of chicken tikka and fried rice below
- ½ cup regular thick yogurt or ½ cup hung curd or greek yogurt
- 250 grams of cubed boneless chicken
- 1 small onion cubed
- 1 tbsp. besan / chickpea flour
- ¼ green bell pepper
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ¼ tbsp. kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- ½ tsp. Kashmiri red chili powder or paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- ⅛ tsp. pepper powder
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (if curd is sour, you can skip this)
- ¼ tsp biryani masala powder or ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp. oil
- 1 cup rice
- Fistful of spring onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic chopped
- ⅛ tsp pepper powder
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Soya sauce
- ½ tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- Heat oil in a pan on high flame, fry garlic for 2 to 3 mins, add white spring onions if using, fry for 2 mins.
- Add the tikka with veggies from the skewers, fry for a min or two.
- Pour the sauces and when it begins to bubble. Add the green spring onions, rice and pepper powder and toss.
- Fry for 2 to 3 mins.
if you want to use curried chicken, roast chicken pieces and capsicums on a high flame for 3 to 4 mins at step 2
if you wish to add more veggies, you can use cabbage and carrots too at step 1.
more chicken recipes,
chicken butter masala