Chocolate oats recipe with video – Chocolate oatmeal has been one of our most favorite oatmeal dishes for sometime now. This savory vegetable oats porridge is been made in my home for several years for our Sunday breakfast. For a change I make this delicious chocolate oats which can be made under 5 to 7 mins. It turns out very delicious and I am sure it will be loved by most kids too. It is slightly on the heavier side and keeps us full till noon.
To make chocolate oats recipe, I cook the oats in full fat milk and then garnish with chopped chocolate and nuts. For a more intense chocolate flavor and to make it healthier, you can also add little cocoa powder or good quality unsweetened dark chocolate or cocao nibs to the oats while cooking. This way you can use a better and healthier alternates to sugar like maple syrup or coconut palm sugar.
You may also like to check this collection of 30 oats recipes.
You can find the latest recipes of Oats here.
Video of chocolate oats recipe
Chocolate oats recipe
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cups full fat milk (can use 1 ½ cups)
- Good quality chopped chocolate as desired
- ½ to ¾ tsp of cocoa dissolved in ¼ cup milk (optional)
- Sweetener as desired (maple syrup, organic sugar, coconut sugar, palm jaggery or jaggery syrup)
- 4 to 5 almonds chopped
- 6 pistachios chopped
- 3 to 4 cashews chopped
- Pour milk to a pot and add oats.
- Stir and cook until the oats are done. You can cook until it reaches a thick consistency.
- You can dissolve cocoa in little milk or add some chopped chocolate and cook. This step is optional.
- While the oats cook, chop the chocolate and almonds, pistachios, cashews.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Allow the oats to cool down to warm temperature.
- Top with chocolate as desired. Garnish with nuts. Add sweetener as desired.