cornflakes chat recipe
For the past few weeks, I have not been cooking much at home to share with you, last 2 weeks went on busy with the kids’ school assessments and now with the holidays. Sharing an easy cornflakes chat recipe which I made some time back for myself to munch. Yes, you can make it kids friendly too minus the chilies.
Cornflakes chat recipe doesn’t need any dates chutney or tamarind paste. I just followed the recipe of my masala mandakki which I posted sometime back.
The new addition to the recipe is a date this time that is optional. You can tweak the recipe, with addition of other ingredients like peanuts, roasted gram/ potukadali/ putnalu, cucumber, hot ghee, cumin powder, lemon juice, honey or even tulsi or mint leaves, whatever to sooth your taste buds.
I used medjool date which is very soft as it is, so I could make it instantly, if your dates are harder, you might need to soak it for a while with tomato and other ingredients to soften or just use honey.
Add the cornflakes to the mushy mixture and mix it well. My personal chioce, 1/4 tsp of cumin powder and a tsp of hot ghee sprinkled over the ready chat. It emits a good aroma.
serve cornflakes chat immediately.
cornflakes chat recipe below
- 1½ cup cornflakes
- 1 small tomato seeds removed and chopped
- 1 green chilies chopped
- Little chilli powder
- Little pepper powder
- 1 large soft date chopped and mashed or honey(optional, skip if you don’t like sweet tasting chat)
- 2 tbsps. Finely chopped onions or as needed
- Chat masala or amchur powder or cumin powder as needed
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp. Coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp. melted ghee
- Add all the ingredients to a plate, mash everything well to release the moisture. You can leave it aside for a while.
- Add cornflakes and mix everything well.
- If using ghee, add cumin powder to the chat. Warm up the ghee and pour over the cumin powder. Toss everything well
- Serve immediately, if needed sprinkle some lemon juice.
for more chat recipes, check