Aloo paneer masala recipe – Sharing a quick dry aloo paneer recipe that can be made under 20 minutes. It goes well as a side dish with just anything rice or roti. To make this aloo paneer masala, we don’t need boiled potatoes, so saving a lot of time. You can even use peas, spring onions, more capsicums. You can add extra flavours by using amchur or kasuri methi or even sprinkle sesame seeds..
This is a dry sabzi recipe that goes well for kids lunch box and even for adults too. You can make your own variations to this.
You can even make an instant gravy or semi dry aloo paneer gravy by using tomato puree or thick coconut milk.
For more easy stir fry recipes check
brinjal potato recipe
aloo bhindi masala
brinjal peas stir fry
Aloo paneer masala recipe, dry aloo paneer below
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 large potatoes tiny cubes
- 1 half capsicum chopped
- ½ to ¾ tsp. red chili powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- generous pinch of turmeric
- 1 sprig curry leaves or bay leaf (optional)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 to 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop potatoes to tiny cubes and leave them in water till used.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin, bay leaf, let them splutter, add ginger garlic paste. Fry till you get a nice aroma
- Add potatoes and turmeric, fry for 2 to 3 mins. Cover and cook them till soft and tender, if needed sprinkle water and cook.potatoes must be fully cooked
- Add capsicum, paneer , salt, red chili pow, garam masala. Fry for about a minutes. cover and cook for just one to two minutes for every thing to blend well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl immediately to retain the softness of aloo paneer
To make a semi dry or gravy version, you can makhani masala or coconut milk or tomato puree.
If using coconut milk it must be added at the end, otherwise the gravy looks curdled.