Today iam going to share my style of making Egg Bhurji Andhra Egg Porutu(scrambled egg recipe). The regular bhurji that is usually made is without veggies in them as you see in the above picture. There are many styles of making andhra Egg porutu anywhere from as simple as just scrambling an egg in fried onions and just add chili powder and not even using ginger garlic paste.
We at home are not used to making egg bhurji without a garam masala since it has the smell of egg. If you are some one who dont like to use garam masala often or you like the flavor of eggs, you could skip ginger garlic paste and garam masala.
There are times when my little kiddo cannot eat his meal without the sight of veggies in his plate. Instead of making a different veggie for him, I make my bhurji with capsicums and it tastes great with a good aroma. If you are like me who loves to add veggies in every dish that is made, then do try adding capsicums and you will love it and will surely say this is the best egg bhurji that you ever made.
Apart from the spicy andhra egg curry and Egg Roast Recipe, today’s egg bhurji is one of the most simplest to make on a busy day.
Egg bhurji andhra egg porutu recipe
4 large eggs
1 Large onion finely chopped
2/3 of large bell pepper/ red or green capsicum (optional, you can skip)
1 sprig of curry leaves, Pinch of mustard, Pinch of cumin / jeera or (1 bayleaf, 2 to 3 cloves, small cinnamon stick, shahi jeera)
1 ½ tsp. of garam masala
¾ tsp. ginger garlic paste
½ tsp. red chili powder
pinch of turmeric
garnish :few coriander leaves or roasted sesame seeds or mint leaves
oil 2 to 3 tbsps
1 green chili slit
step by step pictures on andhra egg porutu
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin and curry leaves , let them splutter, add onions and green chili, sprinkle some salt and fry till golden brown
2. This step is optional if you are using capsicum. Add capsicum and fry till they are cooked for about 2 to 3mins
3. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till you begin to get a nice smell.
4. Break the eggs in a bowl and check for shells. Pour the egg in the pan and lightly scramble it.Repeat scrambling every now and then, to prevent burning and to cook egg evenly
5. Sprinkle red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric. mix well
6. Adjust salt now. Cover and cook for 2 mins, open the lid and fry on medium high for 1 to 2 mins
7. Garnish with coriander or mint or roasted sesame seeds. you can serve without garnishing too.