egg biryani recipe using scrambled eggs
Eggs are a wonderful source of protein, amino acids and multivitamins. They are so versatile that they can be used to make anything from a simple egg roast to a egg curry. This scrambled anda biriyani is different from the other biryani recipes i shared earlier.
more similar recipes on the blog,
hyderabadi egg biryani.
easy boiled egg biryani
This scrambled egg biryani can be prepared in just 30 minutes, if you use 2 of the burners on the stove. It doesn’t need any side dish, you can enjoy with sliced cucumbers, onions and carrots. You can even pair it with a simple raita like mint raita, onion raita, cucumber raita.
Learn how to make egg biryani recipe with step by step pictures below
1. Wash and soak rice. Set aside. Add spices to the hot oil in a pan and saute till they turn fragrant, add ginger garlic paste, fry till it turns slightly golden.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, sprinkle salt and turmeric.
3. Fry till the tomatoes turn fully mushy. If needed u can sprinkle little water and fry. If you desire a extra flavorful biryani, add 3/4 tsp biryani masala or garam masala powder and 1/4 tsp red chili powder. Any ready made masala will also be fine. Also you can add mint leaves at this stage .
4. Add water and bring it to a boil.
5. Drain water from rice completely , add it to the pan. Stir and cook.
6. When the entire water is almost about to evaporate, close the pot and cook the rice. Do not make the rice mushy.
7. Heat a non stick pan with oil, add shahi jeera and allow it to crackle. add ginger garlic paste and fry till lightly golden. take care not to burn
8. Add onions and fry till golden.Break the eggs separately in a bowl and check for shells.
9.Pour the eggs in the pan and scramble. Eggs must be soft cooked. do not overcook
10. Add turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and sprinkle salt evenly on the scrambled eggs. Mix well and fry for a min or two till you begin to get the smell of garam masala. You can also use boiled eggs at this point. Fry the eggs as well. Sprinkle some red chili powder over the eggs.
11. Add chopped mint and coriander leaves. Off the stove and Mix the eggs well with mint leaves
12. Fluff up the rice lightly, Add the scrambled eggs and mix everything well. or layer the biryani if you wish.
Layer the biryani
Set half of the cooked rice aside, Layer the scrambled eggs evenly, cover or layer again with the rice. Set this aside for about 5 minutes.
Layering gives the biriyani a strong egg flavor which we don’t like so I do not prefer to layer.
find complete egg biryani recipe below
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil
- ¾ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green cardamom
- 4 to 6 cloves
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- Little stone flower (optional)
- ½ tsp. shahi jeera
- 1 strand of mace
- 2 small tomatoes
- Generous pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp biryani masala or garam masala
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 2 ½ cups water (adjust to suit your rice)
- 2 tbsp. Oil (you could increase a bit, if you are not on a low calorie diet)
- ¼ tsp. shahi jeera
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium sized onions preferably sliced
- 4 large to 5 small eggs (you can increase or decrease the number of eggs)
- ¾ tsp. biryani masala powder (can substitute with garam masala powder)
- ¼ to ½ tsp. red chili powder
- Fistful of chopped mint and coriander leaves
- Heat pan with 1 tbsp. oil and add all the spices and fry till you get a nice aroma
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Fry till tomatoes turn mushy. Add garam masala, red chili powder. Fry for about 2 minutes. Add some mint leaves as well and fry.
- Add water and salt. Bring the water to boil, then add rice and cook till al dente. Set this aside.
- Heat a pan with 4 tbsps. oil, add shahi jeera and when they begin to splutter, add and fry ginger garlic paste till you get a nice aroma.
- Add onions, salt and chilies. Fry till they turn golden color.
- Break the eggs in a separate bowl and check for shells
- Pour eggs and cook till they are almost done.(soft cooked)
- Add turmeric, red chili pow and garam masala. mix well and fry till you begin to get a nice masala aroma. Do not cook for long.
- Add mint leaves and coriander leaves. Take off from the stove and mix
- Add this to the rice and mix everything well. If you wish to layer, set aside half of the rice and layer the scrambled eggs evenly and then layer back with the rice over the eggs. cover and set aside for 15 mins.