Egg bread toast recipe – One of the quick toasted bread recipes with egg that can be prepared under 10 mins. It can be served for breakfast or for evening snack. An easy way to include eggs in your diet. My Kids are home enjoying their holidays and feel hungry often. Hopefully I will be able to share some quick breakfast & easy snack recipes I make for them.
You may like these breakfast and snack recipes.
For more bread toast recipes, you may check
Besan bread toast
Cheese garlic toast
Capsicum cheese toast
Step by step photos on how to make egg bread toast
1. Chop 2 to 3 shallots or a small onion, 1 to 2 green chilies (replace with pepper for kids), coriander leaves and deseeded tomatoes. Add them to a bowl along with salt, turmeric and cumin (optional). Tomatoes lend a slight tang and get a melt in the mouth texture when cooked with the egg. If you do not like you can skip or replace with finely chopped bell peppers.
2. Break the egg to the bowl.
3. Beat well with a fork or a egg beater.
4. Heat a pan with oil and spread it well.
5. When the pan is just hot enough, dip the bread slice in egg. Do not over heat the pan.
6. Place it on the pan. You can fry 2 to 3 slices at one time. 2 slices for a medium egg and 3 slices for a large egg. Make sure the flame is adjusted to medium.
7. When the egg is cooked, set them aside and pour the egg mixture to the pan. Allow it to cook a bit and cut in the center with the wooden spoon. After the previous step, you can also pour the egg over the bread and then flip them. I do not prefer that way since it will mess up the pan while flipping and the egg remains under cooked on the sides. If you like that way, you can try. Make sure the egg is thoroughly cooked.
8. When it is almost cooked but still moist, place the bread slices over it. Press with the wooden spatula.
9. Flip it to the other side and make sure the egg is fully cooked on both sides. I also like to sprinkle some red chili powder for extra spice.
- 2 slices of bread (prefer brown bread)
- 1 medium to large egg (prefer organic)
- salt to taste
- 1 very small onion or 2 to 3 shallots
- 1 to 2 green chilies chopped ( pepper for kids as needed)
- half of a small firm ripe tomato deseeded and chopped
- pinch of turmeric
- few coriander leaves chopped
- oil as needed ( 1.5 to 2 tsps)
- red chili powder (optional for sprinkling)
- Add chopped onions, chilies, tomatoes, coriander leaves, turmeric and salt to a bowl.
- Break the egg and beat everything well.
- Heat a pan with oil and spread it well.
- Dip the bread in the egg and place over the hot pan and cook until done.
- You can either pour the left over egg on the bread and flip it or set the bread aside and pour the egg mixture to the pan first. Cook it until slightly set and then place the bread over it and press. Cook until the egg is completely done on both the sides.
- Serve egg bread toast hot.