egg pulao recipe – an easy south Indian style pulao recipe with step by step photos. you can make this egg pulav even without a pressure cooker. Sharing one of the easiest and quickest one pot meals that can be prepared by working women and bachelors even on a working day. It is almost same as the simple flavorful veg pulao i make plus an addition of egg. If you do not have time to make a wholesome meal on a busy day, you can resort to this quick egg pulao. This recipe doesn’t need any garam masala powder or yogurt or tomatoes. It can be prepared with or without any vegetables.
to make egg pulao, I have used vegetables like carrot, peas and potatoes, you can use frozen veggies too. If you do not have time to boil the eggs, they can be boiled in advance (a day before) and refrigerate them for later use. Well, one might wonder what makes this pulao tasty and flavorful without any garam masala. To make it flavorful, all that is needed is a green chili, fistful of mint and coriander leaves finely minced or coarsely ground.
For more egg based rice recipes, check
scrambled egg biryani
egg fried rice
Step by step pictures on how to make easy egg pulao in Pressure Cooker
1.Boil eggs. Remove the shell and pierce with fork randomly. Set these aside
2.Soak rice for at least 30 mins
3.Mince together mint,coriander leaves and green chilies. Or you can coarsely blend them without using water.
4.Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Add spices and allow them to crackle
5.Add onions and fry till they turn golden, add ginger garlic paste and fry till it becomes fragrant
6.Add carrots, potatoes and peas. I like to add my peas with rice at step 9 since they are too tender. Fry for 2 mins
7.Add the minced coriander, mint and chil. Fry for 2 mins
8.Pour water, add salt bring it to a boil. Meanwhile you can saute the eggs in a tsp ghee if you wish or you can skip sauting too. But that brings out the flavor of eggs
9.Add rice, eggs and green peas if you did not add at step 6.
10.Put on the lid and turn the flame to medium.Let the cooker whistle once. For me one whistle works fine but that depends on the kind of rice you use. If you are not using basmathi rice, then try with 2 whistles.
find easy egg pulao recipe below
- 3 to 4 Boiled eggs
- 1 ½ cups rice (you can use any rice, soak for at least 30 mins)
- 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- Fistful of mint (pudina) leaves
- Fistful of coriander leaves
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (optional, even if you don’t use, it is fine)
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (you can use more if you like) (I used carrots, potatoes, green peas)
- 2 to 3 tbsps. Oil
- Salt as needed
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp shahi heera
- 1 star anise
- 1 small piece of nut meg (jajikaya)
- 6 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- Generous pinch of stone flower
- 2 strands of mace
- 1 bay leaf
- Remove the shell of the boiled eggs and pierce with fork lightly. Set these aside
- Soak rice for 30 mins
- Finely mince together mint,coriander leaves and green chilies. Or it can be coarsely blended
- Add oil to a pressure cooker and heat up. Add spices and let them to splutter
- Add onions, fry till they turn golden, add ginger garlic paste, fry till it becomes fragrant
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas if using. Fry for 2 mins
- Add the minced coriander, mint and chili or the ground paste. Fry for 2 mins
- Add water and salt bring it to a boil. You can saute the eggs in a tsp ghee in a different pan if you wish or you can skip sauteing too. Frying brings out the flavor of eggs
- Add rice, eggs and green peas if you did not add at step 6.
- Cover the cooker with lid, turn the flame to medium. Allow the cooker to whistle once or twice based on your cooker.
2.If you do not have these spices, just add some garam masala powder to the oil
3.Qunatity of water mentioned above works well for me, it depends on the rice, so judge the quantity based on your rice