Egg sandwich recipes – Learn how to make easy and healthy egg sandwich recipes. Sandwich or bread is not on our menu often either for breakfast or for a meal. This egg sandwich happened on a cold rainy night when i and the hubby longed to have something spicy and quick for dinner, while the kids preferred to eat their corn cheese sandwich.
This boiled egg sandwich recipe is the best i have ever made and can be prepared under 30 minutes and is perfect for breakfast or light dinner. You may also like these other 3 egg sandwich recipes
Fried Egg Sandwich
Back to the boiled egg sandwich, i have used punjabi garam masala powder, but you can use any of your favorite spice powder including the cajun spice mix or coarsely crushed pepper powder. But the spice powder is the one that brings in the flavor to the egg sandwich, so use a good aromatic one. I have used raw grated carrots , since we love them. You can also use raw onions, spring onions, mint, cucumber or any other favorite leafy veggies like lettuce.
Making the stuffing and toasting the bread all is done on the tawa, meaning it is so simple and we don’t need a toaster. It tastes super delicious and is healthy if you choose the right kind of bread. Kids will love the egg sandwich, you can serve them for breakfast or after school snack too. For the kids it would be on the heavier side for breakfast, unless the kid is a really good eater.
Boiled egg sandwich recipe with step by step photos
1. Boil the eggs, remove the shell and slice each egg to 3 to 4 round slices.Set these aside Heat a tawa with 2 tsp. oil, add cumin and garlic, when the garlic is lightly fried, add the onions and chilies, sprinkle salt and fry them till lightly golden.
2. Add red chili powder, garam masala, turmeric and kasuri methi. Kasuri methi is optional or you can use any ground herbs of your choice. Mix everything well and fry till you begin to smell good, just for a minute.
3. Reduce the flame to low. Move the onions aside or to a separate plate. Butter or oil the bread and toast, set these aside to use as top slices.Now add another set of bread slices and toast them.
4. while the bread toasts spread onion mixture on the slices, place the sliced eggs, repeat the onion mixture over the egg, especially on the yolk. This prevents the yolk getting soggy with the raw vegetable juices.
5. Layer the veggies you prefer along with little coriander leaves.Sprinkle lemon juice or chat masala if you like. I did not use any.
6. Cover it with another slice of bread that was set aside.Press it gently lightly, Do not overdo, else filling comes out.
Enjoy egg sandwich right away. If you prefer to pack it for later use, i suggest skipping the raw veggies or pack them separately.
Find boiled egg sandwich recipe below
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 slices of bread or 2 pav or buns
- 2 tsp. oil for making the stuffing
- 1 tsp butter or oil for smearing on the bread (optional)
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 large garlic clove chopped finely
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- ¼ tsp. garam masala or pepper powder or cajun spice mix
- ¼ tsp. red chili powder
- ¼ tsp or as needed kasuri methi or any dried herbs of your choice(optional)
- raw veggies grated or sliced thinly (carrots, onions, cucumber, lettuce)
- lemon juice(optional)
- Boil the eggs, remove the shells and slice each egg to 3 to 4 slices.
- Trim the edges of the bread. smear butter or oil on one side of the slices.
- heat a pan with oil, add cumin and garlic, when the garlic is fried lightly, add onions and sprinkle salt. fry till the onions turn lightly golden.
- Add red chili powder, kasuri methi, turmeric and the spice powders.
- Fry everything well till you smell good for about a minute.
- Move the onions to one side of the pan or transfer to a plate.
- Toast 2 slices of bread to lightly golden or crusty. set them aside and add 2 other slices.
- Spread a thin layer of fried onions, place the sliced eggs and spread another layer of onions.
- Spread a layer of veggies and then the coriander leaves. off the stove.
- Place the other slice of bread on top and press it lightly with the wooden spoon. Boiled egg sandwich is ready.
for more sandwich recipes, check