Eggless Banana Chocolate Muffins
This recipe yields eggless banana chocolate muffins that have crusty tops tasting delicious while you bite in.
These have no egg, no butter, no oil and no sugar in them and are made using powdered molasses. Molasses can be replaced with refined sugar or coconut palm sugar. These are not totally fat free muffins either. Yogurt and milk keeps them moist from inside and can be replaced with butter milk. Iam not sure if this recipe works with low fat yogurt. The very dark color comes from the molasses.
If you are looking for an healthy muffins recipe, do check out my healthy banana oat muffins
Note: The quantity mentioned makes 6 large muffins, i used a small portion of this mix to make a microwave muffin, so my muffins turned out to be smaller. These muffins taste best the next morning but if you want to enjoy the crusty tops have it right away once they are cooled.
You can refrigerate and heat up the next day too, they are more moist and delicious. Mine did not puff up much since i had very less baking soda left, i used 1/3 tsp but 1/2 a tsp is recommended.
Related recipe : chocolate chip muffins
Step by step pictures on eggless banana chocolate muffins
1.Preheat the oven at 180 C for atleast 15 minutes, grease the muffin cups and set aside.
2. Mix and sieve flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder and cocoa.
3. Add molasses, yogurt, mashed bananas, , milk and vanilla essence to a bowl
4.Mix all the ingredients mentioned above
5 Add the flour to the banana mix prepared above. Mix just until well combined.
6 Spoon the mix into the muffin cups. Drop the choco rice or chips. Bake for 20 mins
Eggless banana chocolate muffins recipe below
- 90 gms Plain flour (I used wheat flour)
- 1 ½ tbsps. Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 80 gms Powdered molasses (can replace with sugar)
- Generous pinch Cinnamon (optional)
- Few drops Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp. Choco chips or choco rice
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- 2 ½ tbsps. Milk
- 200 gms Ripe bananas (I used 2 large very ripe bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, grease the muffin cups and keep them ready.
- Mix flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa. Sieve the mixed flour.
- Mash bananas to smooth.
- Add mashed bananas, molasses, yogurt, milk and vanilla essence to a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in step 4
- Add the flour to the banana mix from step 5. Mix just until well mixed. Do not overdo.
- Spoon the mix into the greased muffin cups. Drop the choco rice or chips
- Bake for 20 mins. Keep checking after 18 mins. A tooth pick inserted must come out clean.