Flourless Cocoa Brownies Recipe
These Cocoa brownies are flourless, butter less and refined sugar free. Coconut cream is the only fat that is used to bake these. These cake like brownies are different from the flaky classic brownies and are indeed more healthier and delicious. If you are looking for a flourless and butter free brownies, these could be for you. Flax seed meal, coconut cream, egg and dark brown sugar all bring in an exciting texture to these.These turn out to be slightly gooey and taste creamy due to the coconut cream, but if thats not your choice, you could add a tbsp of flour.
Iam a midnight baker, i bake late in the night after my kids go to bed, so my step by step pics did not come out well. I use Kara UHT Natural Coconut Cream and i suppose any brand works fine since this recipe needs full content in the carton and not only the top creamy part. I make my own flax seed meal using Origins health food organic golden flax seed.
Picture of the ingredients
Step by step pictures on Flourless cocoa brownies
1. Preheat oven at 180 C for at least 15 minutes.
2. Powder flax seeds finely
3. Mix coconut cream, vanilla extract, sugar, flax seed powder and flour if using. Beat till the mixture becomes thick and fluffy. This takes around 3 mins.
4. Add egg and further mix for 2 mins. If you are aiming for non-gooey brownies and have used flour, beat for another 2 minutes. Once mixing is done, the mix looks fluffy and the batter would be moderately thick, of a pouring consistency.
5. Grease a brownie pan, prepare it with a parchment paper and pour the mix and bake for 25 mins. Greasing the pan helps the parchment paper to stick to the pan
6. Skewer inserted comes out clean when it is done. If you want to have non-gooey brownies, bake for extra 3 mins.
7. Lift the parchment paper and Cool it completely on a wire rack. You may want to enjoy this treat quickly, refrigerate for at least 30 mins and cut to squares