Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala Powder Recipe
Bombay is well known for its street foods like pav bhaji, pani puri, misal pav and many more chats. While these foods are a good life savers for many in terms of affordability and availability in this metropolitan city, for many others these are the most toothsome foods on this earth. I suppose there can be none who don‘t like the Indian street food and especially Mumbai pav bhaji is something which draws everyone’s attention with an enticing aroma around.
Since i have already posted Sanjeev Kapoor’s Mumbai Pav bhaji Recipe , thought of sharing this pav bhaji masala powder recipe too. There are many pav bhaji masala powders available in the market which can be used instantly, each one differs in the flavor and taste ,but the basic ingredients almost remain the same, and only the quantity of ingredients differ.
For hygienic reasons, I make all my spice powders like punjabi garam masala powder, simple garam masala powder, biryani masala, vangi bath powder and bisi bele bath powder.
The color of your pav bhaji masala powder could de different from mine since it depends on the kind of red chilies and other spices
step by steps on how to make pav bhaji masala powder
1. clean all the ingredients to pick and discard stones and debris.
2. Dry roast all the ingredients, one after the other on a medium heat on a pan till they turn fragrant
3. Add dry mango powder / amchur powder to the hot pan to get a good aroma
4. Cool the ingredients completely.
5. Powder in a blender. If needed seive it.
6. Store in an airtight glass jar.
Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala Powder Recipe below