Churumuri recipe – Churumuri or masala mandakki is a snack made with puffed rice. It is quite popular in our parts of Karnataka and can be found in almost all street food stalls. They are made for an evening snack. It is made with just simple ingredients, nothing fancy is used. This can be prepared very quickly by anyone, even kids can easily make this if they have chopped veggies ready.
We Indians across the globe love street foods. A plate full of tangy spicy chaat with a cup of tea is the strongest mesmerizer for me. But the hygiene that is maintained is very poor in many places so it is always healthy to make these at home.
To make churumuri or masala mandakki we don’t need any tamarind paste or dates chutney like the North Indian Bhel Puri. You can easily tweak this basic recipe to suit your taste. You can add some boondi or mixture with these. These are usually accompanied with mirchi bajji.
For more quick Snacks recipes, you can check
Ingredients I used to make churumuri.
Churumuri recipe below
- 2 cups cleaned Puffed Rice
- 1 Medium onion (chopped small)
- 1 Medium Tomato (chopped small)
- 1 Green chili (small)
- red chilli powder as desired
- Handful of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice or needed
- Handful Roasted Peanuts
- ¼ tsp cumin coarsely pound
- 1 tsp ghee
- Pour puffed rice in a wide bowl. Clean up the dirt and powdery part. Best way to clean up is to sieve it.
- Add all the other ingredients expect peanuts. Pour warm ghee over the crushed cumin and mix well.
- Add roasted peanuts and Serve churumuri immediately else they lose the crunch.
- You can top them with mixture or boondi