Matar mushroom recipe – Green peas mushroom curry made with white button mushrooms. One of the variety with the highest amount of antioxidants, that help us to improve the immunity & neutralize cancer causing free radicals. If you are one who hasn’t yet included them in your diet, try them since they provide us lot of nutrition & health benefits.
Mushrooms have been slowed cooked in their own moisture hence the curry tastes very delicious. This easy and quick mushroom curry can be served with plain rice or chapathi. It also goes well in the lunch box.
For more mushroom recipes You may check
Mushroom pepper fry
Simple mushroom curry
Matar mushroom recipe below
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¾ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 green chili slit (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¾ cup tomatoes, deseeded or pureed
- Salt as needed
- ½ cup peas
- 1 ¼ cup mushrooms
- Turmeric a pinch
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp red chili powder
- Coriander leaves or grated ginger (optional)
- Fry cumin in hot oil until they splutter just for a min.
- Fry onions and chili until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw flavors go away.
- Fry tomatoes with salt until mushy.
- Add garam masala and chili powder. Saute until the mix leaves the sides.
- Add peas and mushrooms along with a dash of turmeric. Fry for 2 to 3 mins on a medium heat.
- Cover and cook on a low flame until done. Stir in between if needed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ginger.
- Serve mushroom curry with rice or chapathi
How to make matar mushroom masala
1. Add oil to a hot pan. Saute cumin in hot oil for a minute.
2. Add onions and fry until golden.
3. Add ginger garlic paste.
4. Fry until the raw smell goes away.
5. Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt. On a medium flame fry until the tomatoes turn mushy. While the tomatoes cook, wash and cut mushrooms. Slice them and halve if they are large.
6. Add red chili powder and garam masala or meat masala.
7. Saute together until the mixture begins to leave oil.
8. Add peas, mushrooms and turmeric.
9. Saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 mins.
10. Cover and cook on a low flame.
11. After a while mushrooms leave some moisture.
12. Stir and cook further until done. Add chopped coriander leaves & grated ginger if you like.
Serve matar mushroom with rice or roti.