Mix veg recipe for chapati, roti, poori or plain rice. Mixed vegetable curry is often prepared at home to accompany our meals. I do not follow any particular recipe to prepare this and like to alter the taste of the curry every now and then. This recipe can be followed to make semi dry curry or gravy. To make a gravy we can use any spice powder or curry powder or sambar powder.
The first picture is one which i made with extra dry spices in the seasoning like bay leaf which are optional. I am sharing a very simple mixed vegetable curry recipe below that is good for beginners.
Find mix veg recipe below
- 1 tbsp. oil or as needed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic or ginger paste
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup very finely chopped onions or paste
- 1 green chili slit or chopped (optional)
- ¾ to 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes or puree
- Salt as needed
- Turmeric little
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder
- ¾ to 1 tsp garam masala or sambar powder or curry powder
- 3 cups chopped mix vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potatoes, capsicum, cauliflower)
- Water as needed
- Saute cumin until they begin to crackle in hot oil.
- Saute ginger garlic paste till it turns aromatic.
- Fry onions until golden. Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add red chili powder and garam masala.
- Mix & cook until the onion tomato mix turns soft and blends well. The raw smell of the onions, tomatoes should have gone by now and the masala turns fragrant.
- Add the mix vegetables and saute for 2 to 3 mins. Add water just enough to cover them partially.
- Cover and cook on a low to medium heat until the veggies are done fully. Add more or less water as needed to make the gravy thick or thin.
- Adjust salt. Add crushed kasuri methi if you have. Cook further for a min and switch off the stove. Sprinkle coriander leaves. Stir well and serve mix veg curry with roti, chapati or rice.
Step by step pictures on mix veg recipe
1. Heat oil in a pan. Crackle cumin and then add ginger garlic paste.
2. Saute until the raw smell goes away.
3. Add finely chopped onions or paste.
4. Fry until they turn golden.
5. Add chopped or mashed or pureed tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Fry until the tomatoes turn mushy.
6. Add garam masala, chili powder.
7. Saute until the masala smells good and begins to leave the pan.
8. Add all the mix vegetables. Fry for 2 to 3 mins.
9. Pour very little water.
10. Cover and cook on a low flame until done.
11. When the veggies are soft cooked, add coriander leaves. You can also add kasuri methi now.
Mix vegetable curry is ready.