mocha recipe, how to make a mocha – a coffee based beverage that is made with espresso or any high quality coffee, chocolate and milk.
mocha is usually made using espresso or brewed coffee, but i make it with any instant coffee as i am not very particular regarding the depth of its flavor.Some folks do have a strong choice of particular brands or variety of coffee, you can choose whatever you like, even a decaffeinated coffee works well.There are so many variations of making a good mocha, that one could try.
I love a home style simple mocha that is quick to make yet tastes good with no whipping cream used and topped with grated dark chocolate. I sometimes also use whipping cream or coconut cream for topping. If using coconut cream for topping, i suggest using vegan milk like almond, oats or cashew milk.
to make a mocha, very little coffee can be used,a good option for those trying to skip a strong coffee.To make a frothy mocha,a milk frother works well.
Consume coffee in moderation, read about the health benefits of coffee .
how to make a mocha (a home style simple mocha)
1. Ingredients to use: any instant coffee, sugar and cocoa powder, for substitutes refer the recipe below.
2. Add coffee, cocoa and sugar to a cup.
3.Add little very hot milk.Stir in to blend the ingredients well.
4.Add the rest of the hot milk. stir well.Top with grated chocolate, it is optional. This is what i love to enjoy, a simple mocha.
5. For topping (optional):whip the cream as you would whip any whipping cream and top it. If using coconut cream, Refrigerate coconut cream overnight. Transfer it to a bowl and just fluff up with a fork.If using coconut milk to make the coconut cream, refrigerate overnight and drain off the liquid. we need only the thick ingredient. Whip it till fluffy.Top your mocha with whipped cream.
mocha recipe below
- 1 cup of full fat milk or almond milk
- ½ to ¾ tsp. cocoa powder or chocolate syrup as needed(adjust to suit your taste)
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp of instant coffee or ¼ cup brewed coffee or filter coffee (adjust to suit your taste)
- Sugar or sweetener as desired (you can skip if using chocolate syrup)
- whipped cream or coconut cream as needed(refer notes)
- Add coffee, cocoa and sugar to a cup.
- Bring milk to a boil and pour little hot milk to the cup and stir well for everything to mix up well.
- Pour the rest of the milk and stir.
- Top with whipping cream or finely grated chocolate.
If you are one among the lucky folks experiencing winters, you could try mocha, i also suggest masala tea and apple cinnamon tea to warm up the body.