Mushroom fried rice recipe made in Indo Chinese Style – Quick fried rice made with mushrooms and bell peppers under 30 mins. The aroma of this mushroom fried rice is very unique and great. Since mushrooms are sauteed in soya sauce on a high flame, they get caramelized and taste exceptionally good. You can also use any of your favorite ready made sauce and skip soya sauce. This can be served alone or with a manchurian or chilli gravy.
You can make your own variations to this by adding more mixed veggies, bean sprouts or even a egg. I prefer to keep this simple just with the use of capsicum and onions. You can also use spring onions, cabbage and celery to replicate restaurant flavors.
Mushroom fried rice recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 sprig of spring onions or half small onion sliced
- ½ cup sliced bell peppers / capsicum
- ¾ to 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green chili slit (optional)
- ¾ tsp soya sauce (adjust to suit your taste) (or any other sauce)
- ¾ tsp vinegar (adjust to suit your taste)
- Pepper powder as needed
- Salt as needed
- 1 cup cooked rice (or half cup raw rice)
- Heat a wok with oil on a high heat. Fry garlic until it turns aromatic without burning it.
- Fry spring onion whites or sliced onions for 1 min.
- Add mushrooms, capsicum and chili. Stir fry until they are cooked tender and soft.
- Add soya sauce , vinegar and saute for a min. You may also skip soya sauce and vinegar and use any other preferred sauce.
- Saute for a min.
- Add cooked rice, salt, pepper powder and spring onions greens. Saute for 2 mins.
- Serve mushroom fried rice hot.
How to make mushroom fried rice – step by step photos
1. Wash and soak rice for about 15 mins. Cook in lot of water until al dent. Drain off in a colander. Set aside. Heat olive oil in a wok or pan. On a high flame saute garlic until aromatic.
2. Saute onion slices or spring onion whites for a min.
3. Add capsicum, thin mushroom slices and slit green chilies.
4. Saute until they turn tender and cooked completely. Mushrooms usually let out water and cook with their own moisture. If they do not get cooked, then you may need to cover and cook on a low heat.
5. Add soya sauce and saute on high flame. You may also skip soya sauce, vinegar and use your preferred bottled ready made sauce as needed.
6. Add vinegar.
7. Add cooked rice, pepper and spring onion greens. Sprinkle salt evenly.
8. Mix everything well and fry for 2 mins.
Serve mushroom fried rice hot.