|Instant oats dosa recipe | using urad dal dosa batter|
This Oats dosa recipe | using urad dal dosa batter is for those who like to make crispy Instant oats dosa without yogurt or buttermilk. All you need is a ready fermented dosa batter in your kitchen and even sour leftover batter works fine. My dosa batter is usually made of 1:3 or 1:4 ratios (urad dal:rice) + sometimes with ½ tbsp. of methi seeds per 1 cup of dal. So this recipe works fine if your dosa batter is of the above said proportions. I have never tried with other proportions since i do not prefer more rice intake. The one in the pic is made of 1:3 ratio. Iam not posting any step by step pics as this recipe does not need and is a fail proof one for even newbies.
1 cup thick fermented urad dal dosa batter (1uraddal:3 or 4 rice, 4 makes more crispier)
2 to 3 tbsps semolina (at room temp) (optional, use if u prefer crispy dosas)(2 tbsps if the dosa batter is of 1: 4ratio, 3 tbsps if your dosa batter is of 1:3 ratio)
¼ cup of powdered oats (at room temp)
Water as needed
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the 3 ingredients with little water and salt and bring it to a dosa batter consistency, do not make the batter runny.
2. Set aside for 10 mins, if the batter becomes too thick, add some more water and bring it to the right consistency.
3. Heat dosa tawa till smoky hot, sprinkle little water, allow the water to evaporate, then pour the batter with a laddle and spread it to a thin round layer with the base of the laddle. You can use even a stainless steel cup instead of a ladle.
4. Spread little oil around the edges of dosa and allow it to fry on a medium flame till the dosa is ready to flip to the other side.
5. Flip the dosa to the other side and toast for a min or 2, this step is optional.
6. Retoast it on the outer side to get a crispy one.
Serve hot with any chutney of your choice