Quick oats porridge recipe video – Oatmeal porridge is made almost 4 to 5 times a week in my home. Most times it is because I do not have time to cook an eloborate breakfast or feel lazy to cook lunch for myself. This is one of the several ways I make oats, healthy and delicious. There is no sweetener used and I prefer to top with soft dates and sliced nuts.
While the oats porridge cooks, you can slice the dates and nuts. I have used full fat milk here, you can use even low fat milk. If you are making it for a baby or toddler then skip nuts & use powdered oats and blended dates.
I have used organic rolled oats here, if you do not find then you can use instant oats. If making for a baby you can check for baby oats or gluten free oats especially if your baby is under 6 months.
Video of quick oats porridge recipe
Quick oats porridge recipe
- 6 to 8 dates
- Cashews and almonds as desired
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick cook oats
- 3 cups full fat milk (add more if needed)
- Add oats and milk to a pot and cook until soft.
- If needed add more milk to bring it to a consistency.
- Add sliced nuts and dates to the hot porridge. This helps to soften them.
- Serve oats porridge hot or warm.