orange banana smoothie, sharing one more healthy smoothie recipe that just needs 3 simple ingredients. This is another smoothie that helps to improve immunity since it has a good amount of vitamin C and other essential nutrients. A sweet banana and sour oranges go well to make this smoothie. A handful of blanched soaked almonds or cashew nuts add protein to it, but that is optional.
orange banana smoothie helps to increase the appetite in kids, hence is one of the combinations i often make. If kept simple without the addition of any nuts, you can see your hungry kids waiting for their meal in the next 45 minutes.
To make orange banana smoothie, i juice the oranges first.
Add the nuts to the blender jar, powder finely. Add the orange juice and banana. Blend till smooth. It tastes great even without nuts.
There are so many other healthy ingredients to add to this smoothie like a tsp of ground chia seeds or flax seeds or sabja seeds.
The smoothie is flavorful on its own, little orange zest or ginger can also be added.
orange banana smoothie recipe below
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1½ cups of orange juice (with pulp tastes good)
- 12 to 15 blanched almonds or cashews (optional) (any nuts or seeds as desired)
- 1 tsp crushed or grated ginger
- Add nuts to a blender jar, powder them finely.
- Juice the oranges to make fresh juice.
- Add orange juice, banana and ginger to the blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Serve fresh immediately.
More healthy smoothie recipes,
beetroot apple smoothie
pineapple banana smoothie
coconut fig smoothie
apple orange smoothie