Palak paneer bhurji, one of the easiest and healthiest paneer recipes. If you are looking for easy paneer recipes, then this could be for you. Making this palak paneer bhurji takes just 20 minutes if you have the paneer in your kitchen.
This can accompany your poori or paratha or even pav or make sandwich. This can be made for kids lunch box to make kati rolls as well.
This is not much of a recipe, except sharing the ideas. So you can very well invest your own thoughts to make this to suit your taste.
I have used ginger , you can replace with ginger garlic paste. I have not used tomato and onions, if you wish you can use them to give volume to the bhurji. It also keeps the bhurji moist. Using red chili powder, kasuri methi, amchur, garam masala all are your choices.You can garnish with onions, lemon or red chili flakes .
related recipe : palak paneer
Washing palak in salted water to remove dirt and pesticide residue. If you are using organic palak, you can skip using salt to wash.
I used freshly made paneer at home, you can use store bought paneer. Crumble and use it.
Palak paneer bhurji recipe below
- ¾ cup crumbled paneer / Indian cottage cheese
- 1 cup packed finely chopped palak / Indian spinach
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or ½ tsp. amchur powder
- ½ tsp. crushed ginger or ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chili slit
- ½ tsp garam masala or coriander and cumin powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 green cardamom
- pinch of turmeric
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and cardamom and sauté till you get an aroma.
- Add green chili and crushed ginger. Fry till the ginger begins to emit a nice smell
- Add spinach, turmeric, sauté till the spinach wilts off, takes only 2 to 3 mins.
- Add paneer, salt, turmeric, garam masala and lemon juice, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins to keep it soft.
- Garnish palak paneer with red chili flakes or coriander leaves