Paneer sandwich recipe – An easy sandwich made with Indian cottage cheese. A quick breakfast or snack recipe and is kids’ friendly. Sandwich makes a quick and easy breakfast. They can also be served as a tea time snack or for kids school snack box. When we are bored with the south Indian breakfasts like idli, pesarratu, then I surely opt to make sandwich and a paneer sandwich is one of the most preferred one as it is loaded with enough protein to begin the day.
I make paneer sandwich stuffing in 2 ways, both shared in the recipe box below. Stuffing can very well be prepared the previous night and refrigerated. It need not be heated up in the morning if you are going to use a toaster, just use it directly for making the paneer sandwich. If making on tawa, heat up until warm and use it.
You can also check this Paneer bhurji sandwich in 10 minutes made on a tawa.
Paneer sandwich recipe below
- 6 to 8 bread slices
- 1 ½ tsp oil or as needed
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 onion chopped finely
- ¾ tsp grated ginger or ginger garlic paste
- 1 small ripe tomato mashed well (optional)
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum or green peas (optional)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt as needed
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- ¼ to ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup crumbled paneer
- ¼ tsp kasuri methi
- Generous pinch of amchur
- Coriander leaves few finely chopped
- Grated carrots or beetroot or onion as desired
- Apply ghee or butter on one side of the bread slice.
- Heat a pan and fry the bread slices till golden. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add oil, cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add onions and fry until transparent.
- Add grated ginger or ginger garlic paste, fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add mashed tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add capsicum or peas, red chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi, amchur powder. Mix and fry until the raw smell goes away from the mixture.
- Lower the flame. Add crumbled paneer, stir and fry till everything blends well. Do not overcook , paneer turns rubbery and hard. It must be moist and soft as well.
- Add coriander leaves. Set the paneer bhurji aside to a plate.
- Place back the bread slices on tawa and spread paneer bhurji, layer grated carrots or beets and onions. Cover with another slice and press with a flat wooden spoon.
- Cut diagonally to 2 pieces. Serve hot or cold.
- heat oil in a pan, add cumin, red chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi and other spice powders. When the cumin begins to sizzle. Add paneer and salt. Stir and fry just for 2 to 3 minutes . Sprinkle coriander leaves. Use as stuffing for the sandwich
Method 1- stuffing for paneer sandwich in 5 minutes
heat oil in a pan, add cumin. Add red chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi and other spice powders. When the cumin begins to crackles. Add crumbled paneer and salt. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes . Sprinkle coriander leaves. Use as stuffing for the sandwich.
How to make paneer sandwich recipe
1. Heat a with oil, add cumin and allow it to crackle.
2. Add onions and fry until transparent. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry until it turns aromatic.
3. Add finely chopped and mashed tomato and fry for few minutes, Add spice powders and fry.
4. Fry everything until it smells good just for 2 minutes.
5. Add crumbled paneer.
6. Stir and fry just until everything blends well. Do not over fry. Add coriander leaves. Stir. Set this aside to a plate.
7. Toast the bread on the same tawa and add paneer.
8. You can add fresh grated carrot.
9. Place the other slice over. Press gently. Paneer sandwich is ready. You can cut to halves.