Pear juice recipe and health benefits of pear juice. There are many varieties of pears available across the world with varying levels of nutrients and health benefits. Pure pear juice is one of the best to beat sun stroke and dehydration. Pears are well known for reducing bad cholesterol levels and stomach problems like acidity, ulcers and constipation.
This wonderful refreshing fruit is one of the low calorie fruits that also help in loosing weight by flushing out toxins from the body. Pear juice is suitable to all including babies and is great to manage colic & constipation.
We usually buy the Asian pears which is the most common pear variety available in Singapore. These are good to relish as it is too without juicing since they have a delicate crunch and are extra juicy.
We make different kinds of fresh fruit juices & smoothies every evening since it is hard to get everyone at home to eat 2 servings of fruits daily. This pear juice is one that is made often. It is very refreshing & delicious, something similar to the fresh sugarcane juice. It does not need any sweetener, sometimes we add oranges, strawberries or a piece of beetroot to this. The flavor of pears is very mild & not dominating, so they pair up very well with any fruit.
Pear juice recipe card
- 3 large pears (weight about 800 grams)
- 2 to 3 oranges or ¼ of a beetroot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch piece of ginger chopped
- Sabja seeds or chia seeds (soaked in water for 3 to 6 hours)
- little Himalayan salt
- Wash pears very well. Peel off the skin and cut them to quarters and remove the core.
- Add them to the juicer chute or blender jar. If using a blender then chop to small cubes.
- Add salt, ginger or other fruits you desire.
- Blend them well until smooth. Fresh pears have 70% moisture in them so we don't need to add any water.
- Pass through a strainer and press down with a spoon. If using sabja or chia seeds, add them now to the juice.
- Serve fresh immediately.