With Ganesh Chathurti around, thought of sharing this quick and easy pista ladoo recipe that needs no milk, no oil and no ghee. Recently I had a request from a friend for a pista burfi recipe that gets a beautiful deep green color. I remember I had tried it twice earlier, the burfi turns out delicious but the color isn’t appealing. My kids did not even prefer to taste them due to the color. So for my friend I had to try it again and the same thing happened. So I understand a pista burfi definitely needs a food color along with varakh to make it appealing.
My kids were disappointed and so to cheer them up I instantly made these pista ladoo. I was short of time to prepare anything else, since we were moving to our new home the next morning. These delicious ladoos really stole my kids’ heart and they keep asking me to prepare them again. These ladoos provide instant energy when you are at work or after school.
- 1 cup pistachios (choose the best quality)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp. to ½ tsp. green cardamom powder
- Dry roast pista till crunchy. Set aside to cool.
- Powder sugar finely
- Add pistas and cardamom powder to the the jar in which you powdered sugar earlier
- Run the mixer and powder to fine.
- Run the mixer till the powder warms up (not hot)
- Take small quantities of this warm mix in your palms and shape them tol balls. You need to be quick. If the powder cools down, run the mixer again to warm it up.
- Enjoy pista ladoo.