Aloo capsicum recipe – A dry aloo capsicum curry, an easy recipe for beginners. Aloo and capsicum pair well in any dish and this is one such dish which I make often at home. It is very simple to make and one can easily plus or minus the ingredients i have mentioned. It is a dry curry, if you like to have a moist curry, i suggest you add very little water to cook and it will yield a good moist curry.
Aloo capsicum can be served with plain rice, paratha or bread. You can add more variety of veggies to this like cauliflower, peas, broccoli or beans. Even a few chunks of paneer, firm tofu too go well in this aloo capsicum recipe.
Step by step photos on aloo capsicum recipe
1. Wash peel and chop potatoes. Add them to a bowl of salted water till we use. Fry cumin in hot for a minute and then saute onions till transparent. Add ginger and fry till it smells good.
2. Add chopped potatoes. They will be with dripping water, just add them. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Cover and cook on a low flame till almost cooked.
4. Add bell peppers, turmeric, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur and kasuri methi.
5. Stir every thing well and fry till the bell peppers get cooked. If you desire a more moist curry, just add a few tbsps of water and cook for a while.
Serve with rice, bread or roti.
Related quick recipe : aloo methi
- 1 ½ tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 large onion
- ½ tsp ¾ tsp grated ginger or ginger garlic paste or chopped garlic
- 2 large potatoes
- ½ cup bell peppers / capsicum
- ¼ to ½ tsp kasuri methi
- ¼ tsp amchur powder (optional)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt as needed
- ¼ to ½ tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Add oil to a hot pan, fry cumin seeds till they begin to splutter.
- Add sliced onions and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger and fry till a nice smell begins to emit.
- Add potatoes. Fry for one to two minutes. Cover and cook till they are almost cooked. If needed sprinkle water and cook.
- Add capsicum, kasuri methi, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and then salt as needed.
- Stir well and fry until the capsicum is done.
- Serve aloo capsicum with rice, bread or roti.