Potato wedges recipe – Potato is one of the kids’ favorites, these wedges make a good snack after school or as a finger food for toddlers. They are very easy to make and need very few ingredients. Potato wedges can be baked, deep fried or shallow fried. I baked them to serve as a snack with guacamole.
There are 2 ways i often make these potato wedges. This time i went the easier way, which iam sharing with step by step photos. The other method is to soak the cut potatoes in warm water for about an hour to remove excess starch. It helps to make the wedges more crispier. After the soaking, all we need to do is dry them on a cloth for a while and then add on the seasonings. Then fry or bake them.
Potato wedges recipe below
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary or any other dried herbs
- ½ tsp coarse pepper powder or red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Wash potatoes and half them. Cut to thick slices.
- Add them to a bowl filled with warm water, soak it for about 1 hour.
- Drain off the water and pat them on a cloth.
- Add them to a bowl, add all the seasonings and toss.
- Bake them in a 220 C preheated oven for 30 minutes till golden. Shallow fry or deep fry them till golden. Drain and serve with a ketchup or a dip.
- Crisp potato wedges are good to serve right away.
How to make potato wedges recipe
1. Wash and scrub the potatoes to remove dirt. Rinse well. Cut them to halves, further depending on the size of the potato cut them to 2 to 3 wedges. You can scrape the skin or keep it to suit your taste.
2. Add the seasonings and oil. Toss everything well. I used crushed dried rosemary, coarse pepper powder, salt and olive oil. You can also use red chilli powder, garlic powder or other dried herbs.
3. Preheat the oven to 220 C. Spread or place the potatoes on a tray. Bake for about 30 minutes or more till they turn golden. I suggest checking after 30 minutes. To fry them, heat oil in a deep pan. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry or shallow fry until golden and crisp. Drain them on a kitchen tissue.
Serve with your favorite sauce or ketchup or dip. We served with guacamole.