soya keema curry recipe – one of the delicious soya keema recipe
Soya meat also called as Vegetable textured protein is available in various forms like granules, chunks and even flour too. It is a good source of protein for the vegetarians and is widely used in Indian cuisine for making soya chunks biryani, soya chunks stir fry, meal maker fried rice and soya chunks gravy curry too.
Today’s soya keema curry recipe can be very well be prepared with either soya chunks or with soya granules or minced soya chunks / granules (ground). This is one of the tastiest soya keema I have ever tasted. It tastes best when prepared with ground soya meat and good with soya chunks too.
When you have a crowd for a meal, this could be one of the easiest and good tasting curry that one could prepare.
find soya keema curry recipe below
- ½ cup cauliflower minced
- ½ cup ground soya meat (either from chunks or granules)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ⅛ cup bell peppers (green, yellow, red, any)
- ⅛ cup fresh or frozen green peas
- ¼ to ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste or ½ tbsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp.meat masala or garam masala
- ¼ tsp. amchur powder (optional)
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp. Cashew paste or melon seeds paste or ¼ cup cream
- Dry spices (can replace with curry leaves, mustard and cumin)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms
- ¼ tsp. shahi jeera
- 4 cloves
- 1” cinnamon stick
- To make soya keema, soak soya chunks or granules in hot water till they soften, discard the water and rinse in cold water, squeeze off the excess water and set aside.
- Pulse the chunks to whatever texture you desire, set aside
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, add dry spices and sauté
- Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away
- Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric. fry till tomatoes turn fully mushy
- Add red chili powder, fry for a min
- Add ground soya , green peas, cauliflower and capsicum and fry for 3 to 4 mins
- Pour little water to bring to the consistency you desire
- When it comes to a boil, add kasuri methi, amchur , garam masala
- Add the nut paste or melon seeds paste. Cook till it comes to a desired consistency.
- Off the heat and serve soya keema with rice or paratha