Tomato egg curry
Eggs are a wonderful source of protein and can be used to dish up a quick side for a meal. Today I will share how to make egg curry with tomato gravy. This curry can be prepared without any garam masala powder and ginger garlic paste , but i have used a light garam masala powder and that is optional. Boiled eggs are just simmered in onion tomato gravy and then thick coconut milk is added at the end. After adding the coconut milk the gravy is not cooked anymore. The taste and aroma of this egg gravy is very different from the other egg curries i have shared earlier. This best goes with steamed rice or even with phulka, chapathi or paratha
Let us see how to make egg curry with tomato gravy
1. Add oil to a pan and heat up. when the oil is hot, add curry leaves, cumin and mustard.
2. When they begin to splutter, add onions and fry till they turn pink. They must not become golden.
3. Add tomatoes, turmeric, salt and fry till they turn mushy. Pierce the eggs with fork
4. Add eggs, red chili powder and garam masala, if you like.
5. On a low flame, fry till the mix becomes fragrant
6. Add very little water , just enough to cover the eggs partially
7. Cover and cook till the tomatoes blend well. The curry must be thick and not runny
8. Add coconut milk, off the heat. Do not cook further, thick coconut milk could curdle the gravy. Mix well and serve
Tomato egg curry recipe below