Veg cheese sandwich recipe – Simple and quick vegetable cheese sandwich recipe to make under 15 mins. This recipe doesn’t need cooking, sauteing or blanching veggies and they are used raw. Making it in a sandwich maker simplifies the task if you are making for a large family. However it can be made on a griddle or tawa. It is best to make these on tawa when you plan to make only 1 to 2 sandwiches otherwise a sandwich maker is a good choice.
These veg cheese sandwiches taste best when eaten warm or hot. You can also make veg cheese sandwich the way I made this veg sandwich recipe just with an addition of cheese.
Veg cheese sandwich recipe
- grated carrots
- bell peppers / capsicum
- sweet corn (frozen )
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp of herbs (oregano, parsley)
- coriander leaves few chopped
- 6 bread slices
- 2 tsps butter
- ¾ to 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese (use to suit your taste)
- Butter the bread evenly.
- Mix together all the veggies, herbs along with cheese.
- Spread the mixture on the bread slices keeping the buttered side out.
- Preheat the sandwich maker and grill it until golden.
- Halve the veg cheese sandwich and serve hot or warm.
How to make veg cheese sandwich recipe
1. Since we do not cook the veggies in this recipe it is good to choose those which can be eaten raw like carrots, onions, capsicum, tender sweet corn, spring onions and cabbage. I have used grated carrots, chopped onions, frozen sweet corn and capsicum along with 2 green chilies and coriander leaves.
2. Add the chopped veggies to a bowl and sprinkle some herbs if you have otherwise just crushed pepper & red chilli flakes is fine. I added only a generous pinch of salt, since cheese is already salted.
3. Add cheese.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Smear butter over one side of the bread and spread the veggies with cheese on the other side. Cover with another slice.
6. Grill them in a preheated sandwich maker.
7. When they turn golden, the sandwiches are done and the cheese melts by then.
Cool veg cheese sandwiches slightly and halve them.