vegan strawberry ice cream or strawberry almond ice cream. This strawberry almond ice cream is one of the healthiest and delicious i have tried recently. There is one more strawberry ice cream shared earlier on the blog made with milk and cream. This ice cream has no sugar and no added fats. I used ripe bananas to sweeten and add volume.
Fresh or frozen strawberries can be used. Almonds or cashews would be the best choice to add fats and texture.
I made this without a ice cream maker, it can just be made in a food processor or a blender. Food processor yields the best results.
more easy desserts,
tofu chocolate mousse
chocolate mug cake
chocolate banana freezer fudge
Find vegan strawberry ice cream recipe below
- 1 cup chopped frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup almonds or almond yogurt
- 2 large ripe bananas sliced & frozen( about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (optional, refer notes)
- Soak almonds for about 4 hours, peel off the skin.
- Peel banana, slice and toss them in one tsp lemon juice.
- Freeze banana for 2 hours and strawberries for 30 minutes.
- Process almonds and strawberries to smooth puree in a food processor or blender. Make sure the mixture is really smooth and you may also pass it through a sieve as I did.
- Add bananas and process until the mixture looks fluffy and creamy.
- Pour it to a container and freeze it for just 2 to 3 hours or until set. Serve immediately. Over freezing may form ice crystals since there are no added fats in the recipe, so serve it when it is just set.