This Vegetable masala bath recipe is not the maharastrian masala bath, but is a version similar to vangi bath that is prepared in some parts of karnataka and is also similar to mumbai tawa pulao .
Loaded with veggies, this vegetable masala bath is lightly spiced & has a great aroma of the spice powders like vangi bath powder or pav bhaji masala powder. If you are keen to make your own spice powders, you could refer my homemade vangi bath powder or homemade pav bhaji powder and this is a no garlic rice recipe.
I have used potato and cauliflower in the step by step pics. The main picture you see is an updated one.This time i replaced potatoes with green peas. So you can use green peas, beans and carrots. You can also use nuts like cashews or peanuts.
vegetable masala bath recipe below
1 cup of rice
Few pudina / mint leaves chopped finely to garnish (do not miss this)
lemon juice as needed
2 cups of veggies (I used boiled potatoes, cauliflower and ½ cup of sliced onions)
1 green chili slit
2 to 3 tbsps oil
1 sprig curry leaves
pinch of cumin seeds
1/2 to 1 tsp. vangi bath powder or pav bhaji masala powder (adjust to suit your taste buds)
how to make vegetable masala bath
1. Cook rice the usual way with salt . make sure the rice is not mushy. cool it
2. Heat oil in a wok or pan, add curry leaves, cumin , green chili, once they begin to crackle, add onions and fry till they turn translucent
3. Add boiled potatoes and cauliflower (other veggies if you are using), sprinkle salt and turmeric
4. Fry till the veggies are done
5. Add the vangi bath powder or pav bhaji masala powder and fry for 2 mins
6. Cover and cook on a low flame for atleast 2 to 3 mind
7. Add rice and lemon juice. mix well
8. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Do not skip this. Adds a lot of flavor to the rice.