|Vegetable pasta recipe | indian style|
Have fussy kids at home? Are you tired of cooking the same old indian menu daily? Need a break? Try this Vegetable pasta recipe | indian style. A sure shot to please everyone at home. Can be made in less than 15 mins.
Iam not an expert in pasta making, but my tips can help. These are absolutely my experiences and views on the kind of pasta that is available in Singapore. Why pasta doesn’t turn out good sometimes? Common flops are due to pasta becoming hard, dry, soggy.
1. Hard since they are not cooked right. Most brands of pasta firm up once they are seasoned since they are made from wheat, some are even made from whole wheat. To prevent this cook them till they are soft, not mushy, drain and wash them with cold water immediately. Drain and set aside.
2. Pasta becomes dry to look as well to eat , since they are not seasoned with enough sauces. So use enough quantity of sauces to keep them moist else they become hard and dry too.
3. Pasta becomes soggy if you leave them in hot water after you finish cooking, so immediately drain and rinse them.
1 cup pasta
1 tsp oil (any)
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup of shredded carrots
Few spring onions cut to finger length (optional)
4 to 6 Shallots (sliced thinly)
¼ cup bell peppers (green or red) (can reduce)
1 ½ tbsps. red chilli sauce ( I used Maggie)
¼ tbsp. tomato sauce ( I used Maggie)
½ tsp sugar(optional) ( if your red chilli sauce does not have sugar in it)
½ tsp pepper corn (crush coarsely)
1 tsp cornflour mixed in 100 ml water
Salt to taste
1. Bring 5 cups of water to boil ,add salt and 1 tsp oil, stir in the pasta and cook till the pasta is fully cooked. Do not overcook as they tend to turn mushy.
2. Drain the pasta and set aside.
3. Mix corn flour with 100 ml of water, remove lumps if any
4. Add the sauces and little more salt to the cornflour mix . stir well and set aside
5. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the shallots and fry till they turn completely mushy and golden
6. Add carrots, cover and cook for 1 to 2 mins on a low flame
7. Add capsicum and fry on high heat for 2 mins
8. Pour the cornflour mix , mix well and bring to a boil. Takes around a min, do not overcook
9. Add the pasta, mix well and set the flame to high. Cover and cook for about a min.
10. Garnish with coarsely crushed pepper
Pasta is ready to serve.
1. Serve hot as it tends to become sticky and hard once it cools down.
2. If you are new to cooking pasta you may not know whether it is cooked right. Take a piece of it and chew to check, must not feel floury, but must be soft cooked specially in the center part of the piece. Most brands of pasta firm up a bit once they are seasoned .