Frittata originated from Italian cuisine and is similar to an omelette but with additional ingredients like cheese, vegetables, meat or even pasta. It is mostly served for breakfast.
The additional ingredients that go towards the making of frittata are up to an individual’s choice, we love to enjoy this with loaded fresh vegetables and herbs without the addition of meat or cheese.
Frittata can be made on stove top or bake it in the oven. I like to bake rather than to make on the stove top. It tastes good and delicious. It can be served as a breakfast or as a after school snack.
How to make vegtable frittata
1. Break eggs to a bowl
2. whisked eggs with flour and milk.
3.Make frittata on a pan/ tawa
Baking in a oven.
pour it to a greased tin.
bake it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until done.
Vegetable frittata recipe below
Frittata recipe | How to make vegetable frittata recipe without cheese
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 4 tbsp. Whole wheat flour or plain flour
- 90 ml whole milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 small green chilies
- ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste
- few chopped coriander leaves
- 1 medium sized carrot (grated)
- 2 tbsp. chopped capsicum
- 1 medium sized tomato (remove the seeds and juice)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala or any dried herbs or spices
- 2 tbsp. grated cheese
- To make on a tawa/pan, add oil to a pan and heat it. To make baked , preheat the oven to 175 C, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger garlic paste to the eggs and whisk till it becomes frothy.
- Mix milk and flour, remove lumps, if any. Add this to the egg mixture. Add coriander leaves to this. Whisk it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture to the hot pan or to a greased loaf pan and just add the tomatoes, grated carrot, capsicum, green chillies.
- For tawa method, Cook till the base firms up, flip it to the other side and cook. for baking, bake for 15 to 20 mins. Check if done by inserting a toothpick and must come out clean.
- Ready to serve with soup or bread or can eat as it is.