Bread Paneer roll recipe – A quick baked bread snack that is made with Indian cottage cheese. This is similar to the bread roll recipe that i had shared earlier. Today’s version is made with homemade paneer and green peas with out the addition of potatoes or any other veggies. Since these are made using only paneer, they are a heavy snack. For a lighter version you can add in some chopped carrots, capsicum and beans. Saute them until done before adding paneer.
These bread rolls recipe can be doubled or tripled and can be baked or shallow fried. If shallow frying, I suggest using not very fresh bread as it soaks up lot of oil. Toast the bread slices lightly for a while on the tawa only to remove excess moisture from them. Do not over do as it will make the bread very dry and does not roll well.
Kid’s holidays will keep me busy for another 2 weeks, all your comments and queries will be replied soon.
You may like this collection of Bread recipes and Paneer recipes.
Bread paneer roll recipe
- 3 cups full fat milk
- 1.5 to 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin/ jeera
- ¼ tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches of garam masala powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt as needed
- handful of green peas
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp butter for brushing
- Skip the first 3 steps if you have 1 cup crumbled paneer. Bring 3 cups of full fat milk to a boil.
- Add lemon juice. Stir well until it curdles completely. Off the stove and drain it off to a cheese or muslin or thin cotton cloth, spreaded inside a filter or colander. Tie up the paneer in the cloth completely and Squeeze off excess whey from the cloth. Hang it until all the whey has drained off.
- Crumble and set aside.
- While the paneer is hung, prepare the bread slices by trimming off the edges to remove browns.
- Heat the pan with oil, add cumin wait to crackle.
- Saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
- This step is optional. If using onions, saute them until golden.
- Add green peas and saute.
- Add red chili powder, salt, turmeric and garam masala.
- Switch off the stove and stir well.
- Add crumbled paneer, coriander leaves and mix well. Make sure there is no dripping whey in the paneer.
- Divide the spiced paneer mixture to 6 to 8 parts and make oblong shaped balls.
- Flatten the bread slices well with a rolling pin or a chapathi roller.
- Make a thin paste of the corn flour with little water. Brush the edges of the bread with this paste.
- Place a paneer ball at one edge of the bread. Roll it and press off the edges on all sides to seal the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 180 to 200 C and bake for 5 to 8 mins or until golden. You can also shallow fry.
How to make bread paneer roll with step by step pics
1. I make my paneer freshly for most recipes. You can skip this step if you already have 1 cup crumbled paneer. Strain the paneer in a muslin cloth and squeeze off the excess whey. Make a knot and hang it for 30 mins.
2. Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin. When they crackle add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes away.
3. Add green peas and saute for 2 mins.
4. Add red chili powder, garam masala and salt.
5. Off the stove. Add crumbled paneer and salt.
6. Mix everything well and adjust the salt. Divide the dough to 6 to 8 parts. Make oblong shaped balls.
7. Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin.
8. Make a thin paste of the corn flour. Apply that to the edges.
9. Place the filling and roll it gently. Stick the edges well.
10. Brush them with oil or butter. Tawa fry them.
11. or Bake bread paneer roll s until golden in a preheated oven at 180 to 200 C for 5 to 8 mins or until golden.
serve with pudina chutney or coriander coconut chutney.