carrot milkshake – a healthy milkshake for kids, a summer special beverage to beat the heat.
carrots are an ultimate super food, they nourish and rejuvenate the body. The benefits of consuming them regularly are immense since they are high in antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin A and many other nutrients.
This healthy carrot milkshake tastes delicious and is one of the best summer coolers. Since kids like variety or change, i try making different smoothies or milkshakes and this is one of the most loved.
To make this milkshake, i have not cooked or steamed the carrots. Just added it to boiling milk and switched off the stove. They get partially cooked when added to boiling milk. I have also used soaked almonds to add taste, nutrition and thickness. Adjust the quantity of almonds to suit your taste.
This milkshake can also be made using raw or steamed carrots, milk and nuts. But the recipe shared here yields a delicious shake since the milk is simmered for a while.
step by step photos to make carrot milkshake
1. Soak almonds for about 4 hours in clean water.
2. Bring milk to a boil.
3. While the milk boils, peel off the almond skin. Wash and peel carrots. Slice them as thin as possible. Set these aside.
4. When the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and add sugar.
5. Continue to boil till the milk thickens or reduces a bit. I prefer to simmer for about 5 minutes in a wide pan. This adds taste to the milkshake.
6. Add almonds, carrots and green cardamom powder. I added whole cardamoms, but powder blends well with the shake. Switch off the stove. We are not cooking further.
7. Cover and set aside for the milk to cool down. For quick cooling, you can transfer this to a bowl and refrigerate.
8. Add carrots, almonds and half of the milk to a blender jar. Blend till very smooth. Add rest of the milk and repeat blending.
serve carrot milkshake chilled during summers and warm during winters.
find the recipe of carrot milkshake below
carrot milkshake recipe | healthy milkshake for kids
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- ¾ cup of thinly sliced carrots
- 16 almonds
- 2 cups milk
- 2 generous pinches of cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. organic sugar or any other sweetener (brown sugar goes well too)
How to make the recipe
Wash and soak almonds for at least 4 hours. Remove the skin and set aside.
Bring milk to a boil and add sugar.
Simmer the milk for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add sliced carrots, almonds and cardamom powder. Switch off the stove.
keep the pan covered and set aside to cool. It can be refrigerated as well.
blend almonds, carrots and half of the milk to smooth puree. Then add the rest of the milk and blend once more.
Serve carrot milkshake chilled or at room temperature.