Chilli mushroom stir fry recipe – A simple healthy stir fry recipe that’s perfect for a home preparation. This is almost same as restaurant style popular Indo chinese chilli mushroom except the mushrooms are not deep fried here. To make the restaurant style chilli mushroom recipe, mushrooms are battered and then fried. But the recipe shared here is stir fried and no corn flour is used. But uses a generous amount of olive oil that gives a great flavor and taste.
This flavorful chilli mushroom can be prepared in just 10 mins and you will love it, if you are a mushroom lover. If you wish to make this a gravy dish, just stir in ½ a tsp of corn flour in ¼ cup of warm water, remove lumps and pour it in the skillet at the end. Bring it to a boil and off the heat.
You may like this collection of Mushroom recipes.
Chilli mushroom recipe
Chilli mushroom recipe | How to make chilli mushroom stir fry
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup of button mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
- ½ cup bell pepper/ capsicum cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 green chili (slit and remove seeds)
- 1 medium onion cubed and layers separated (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- ¾ tbsp tsp chili sauce (If not sweet, add 1/4 tsp of sugar)
- ¾ tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1/8 tsp. pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp water
How to make the recipe
Rinse and wipe off mushrooms with a kitchen towel. Slice or halve or quarter them. If you want to remove the skin you can just peel off.
Heat a wide skillet with oil on a high flame.
Add garlic and sauté for a min to get a good aroma. Add mushrooms and chilli. Saute for 2 mins. Cover and cook until the mushrooms are half done.
Add the capsicum and spring onions, toss and fry till the capsicums are almost cooked but not soft. Make sure mushrooms are cooked as well.
Add the sauces to the skillet evenly. Add 2 tbsp water. Add pepper powder. Toss and fry for another min or until the sauce thickens. Off the heat.
Serve chilli mushroom with hakka noodles or fried rice.
How to make chilli mushroom recipe
1. Heat olive oil in a pan on a high flame. Choose the biggest burner on the stove and put on to highest flame. Saute garlic in oil until aromatic.
2. Add sliced or cut mushrooms along with deseeded slit chili.
3. Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
4. Cover and cook until they are half cooked.
5. Add spring onions and capsicum. Saute until half done, the capsicums must be crunchy.
6. Add soya sauce.
7. Add red chili sauce and tomato sauce.
8. Add 2 tbsp water. Stir and toss well. When the sauce reaches a thick consistency, Switch off.
Serve Hot with hakka noodles or veg fried rice.