Corn chaat recipe – an easy snack recipe for kids after school snack. Corn is a versatile vegetable (grain) that can be used to prepare so many dishes like soups, sweet corn, fritters or cutlets. My favourite way of enjoying corn is to eat a hot corn cob that is grilled on char coal, which is the most common way of consumption in India.
In south India it is usually relished with the coriander and green chili paste that is smeared on to the cobs towards the end of grilling. Today’s corn chaat is a healthy corn recipe that can be prepared in just 5 mins if you have the boiled corn in hand.
For me using the frozen corn is much more convenient than using the corn cobs. I always stock up the organic sweet corn in the freezer since it comes handy when we are hungry and there is nothing else to munch on.
My kids love this sweet corn soup, it is a simple soupy dish made of corn boiled with veggies. I usually season it with chaat masala powder. Other than that I prepare this corn chaat too which is my favorite. Most of the times I prepare this as a mid-morning snack for myself.
I have used fried paneer chunks for this, if you do not wish you can just skip it. But the fried paneer chunks together with the corn taste just divine.
Corn chaat recipe
- 1 cup of corn kernels (boiled)
- 10 paneer or tofu cubes (optional)
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- ½ small tomato finely chopped
- ½ carrot grated
- 1 green chili (optional, skip for kids)
- Few coriander leaves / cilantro chopped
- Chaat masala powder as needed
- Amchur or lemon juice
- Salt or black salt as needed
- Pepper powder if needed
- Wash corn under running water. If using corn on the cob, soak them in salted water for sometime. Any pesticide residue will just get rinsed well. Boil the corn cobs or corn kernels in a large bowl filled with water. If using cobs, remove the kernels after boiling. Drain water completely. If you are using tender corn, you can alternately steam the corn to retain nutrients.
- Cut paneer to small chunks. Tawa fry paneer in just one tsp ghee.
- Add all the ingredients and toss well and serve corn chaat immediately while hot. If desired you can top it with crunchy roasted peanuts.
More chaat recipes,
puffed rice chaat