Corn cheese sandwich recipe – A quick evening snack or breakfast sandwich recipe made with sweet corn and cheese. Bread was rarely included on our menu until I started to make my own whole wheat bread at home. This corn cheese sandwich is one of the most loved by my kids since they love sweet corn.
There are numerous ways a sandwich can be made using various ingredients. This corn cheese sandwich is made using mozzarella cheese, but can be made using even paneer or cream cheese.
I have used whole meal bread here, you can use whatever you have in hand. Prefer brown bread or the sprouted whole meal bread and refrain from white breads for health reasons.
You can use corn on the cob or frozen sweet corn kernels. If using corn from the cob, then you will need to boil them until tender and use here. Since the frozen corn kernels are tender I did not boil them.
This sandwich can also be made on the tawa without using a toaster or oven. Details mentioned below.
Corn cheese sandwich recipe below
Corn cheese sandwich recipe | Sweet corn sandwich recipe
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 6 slices bread
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels (frozen or fresh from cob)
- ½ cup cheese , grated or cheese slices or paneer
- 2 Green Chilies , chopped (skip for kids)
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder as needed
- ¼ tsp Garam masala
- Chaat masala or amchur as needed(optional)
- Onion rings (optional)
- ½ carrot , small Grated, (optional)
- Tomato ketchup or green chutney or any chutney as needed
- Butter or oil as needed
- herbs , Few fresh , like coriander leaves, mint or parsely
How to make the recipe
If using frozen sweet corn kernels, just rinse them well and drain completely. If using corn from the cob, scrape them and steam or boil until tender.
Trim off the edges of the bread and smear butter on both the sides.
Mix together corn, grated cheese, garam masala, herbs, pepper,carrots, and chilies. Mix everything well. Place the cheese slices over them if using.
Smear the ketchup or chutney evenly, place the onion rings if using, add the cheese corn mix and cover with another slice of bread.
Heat a toaster and place the sandwich and toast it till golden. If making on tawa, heat the tawa and toast the bread on both the sides by pressing with a wooden spoon until the cheese begins to melt.
Cut and serve warm.
How to make corn cheese sandwich recipe
1. To a mixing bowl, add cheese, carrots, herbs, spice powders, corn and all other ingredients. Mix up everything well.
2. Butter over the bread slices on both the sides. Smear the ketchup or chutney as needed. You can use green chutney or any other. I have used red chilli chutney.
3. Place the onion rings if using and then the corn mixture. If using cheese slices, place them now.
4. Place another slice and cover it. Toast it in a heated toaster, griller or tawa. If doing it on the tawa, press down the bread slices with a spatula. Toast until the cheese begins to melt.
Cut as desired and serve warm.