Egg fried rice recipe with video & step by step photos- This can be prepared under 30 minutes, including cooking rice freshly. However it can made using left over rice too. It is wholesome and nutritious on its own and does not need any side dish, but can be accompanied with a simple vegetable salad if desired. You can also serve this with any Indo Chinese foods like manchurian or chilli potato.
Egg fried rice can also be made using boiled eggs. This recipe is similar to the easy veg fried rice, but this one is with an addition of eggs. If you are looking for quick dinner ideas , do try this. You can plus or minus the ingredients based on their availability or to suit your taste.
Using star anise, mace, celery and garlic add great flavors to the rice that one can often find in restaurant served Indo chinese foods. I suggest using them, if you do not want to use soya sauce. I have used vinegar which also kills the smell of eggs. If you wish to use tomato or chili sauce, you can add it along with vinegar.
In the video, I have not used mace or star anise. I have also used cabbage which adds flavor like the restaurant style egg fried rice.
Video of egg fried rice recipe
Find egg fried rice recipe below
Egg fried rice recipe video | How to make egg fried rice | Egg rice recipe
Quick delicious egg fried rice made with mixed veggies and scrambled eggs.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ tbsp. vinegar
- 1.5 tsp soya sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- ½ small capsicum / bell peppers cubed
- ½ cup cabbage shreded
- 3 tbsp. chopped spring onions (green and whites separated)
- 3 small or 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil or sesame oil
optional (skip if you do not have)
- ½ star anise, chakri phool
- 1 strand Mace, javitri
How to make the recipe
Preparation for egg fried rice
Cook rice till al dente in lot of water. You can skip this if you are using left over rice. Cool the rice completely.
Chop the veggies. Set aside.
Break the eggs to a bowl and set aside.
Making egg fried rice
To be cooked on high flame. Heat a pan with oil, add star flower and mace and chopped garlic. Fry till the garlic is lightly fried.
Add chopped veggies, white parts of spring onions and fry them till they wilt off, for about 3 to 5 minutes depending on the size.
Reduce the flame to medium. Add eggs and scramble them and cook till they are lightly done.
Sprinkle pepper, salt and vinegar, combine everything well and cook till the eggs are fully cooked. Do not overcook
Add green parts of spring onions and mix everything well. Add rice and mix. If needed add little more oil.
Fry on the highest flame for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish egg fried rice with some spring onions and serve.
How to make egg fried rice with step by step photos
1. Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. Cook till al dente. Do not make it mushy. While the rice cooks, you can carry on making the scrambled eggs. Heat oil in a wok or pan on the highest flame. Add chopped garlic. Fry till the garlic smells lightly fried. If you have, use 1 strand of mace and a small piece of star anise / flower. For making 4 serving you can use 1 star anise. If you like to use soya sauce you can skip mace and star anise.
2. Add in carrots, capsicums, spring onions whites.
3. Fry on a high heat till they are almost cooked, but crunchy.
4. Lower the flame to medium. Break the eggs to a bowl and add them to the pan. You can also beat the eggs until frothy and add them here to make the egg fluffy .
5. Lightly scramble them and cook till soft cooked. Add vinegar.
6. If using soya sauce, add it now. Using soya sauce too often or too much is unhealthy. You can also make egg fried rice without soya sauce.
7. Sprinkle salt evenly including on the veggies.
7. Add pepper powder. Mix everything well and cook until eggs are fully cooked.
8. Add spring onion greens. Stir and fry for a minute.
9. Add cooked and cooled rice, a bit more of salt and oil if needed.
10. Mix well. Put on the flame to very high and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve egg fried rice hot.